X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dfg
    • Nov 2009

Angling the TriTrix

I have completed the TriTrix kit from Parts Express, except for the finishing of the cabinets. This is my first project, so it's been a nice intro into DYI. Veneering will be the next step, but in the meantime I have been listening to them, and am very pleased.

I have what might be a silly question. I have read that since they are shorter and the tweeter is not at ear height, angling them a few degrees is beneficial. Would going with different length spikes front to back make sense?

Greg
  • rdrowley
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by dfg
    I have completed the TriTrix kit from Parts Express, except for the finishing of the cabinets. This is my first project, so it's been a nice intro into DYI. Veneering will be the next step, but in the meantime I have been listening to them, and am very pleased.

I have what might be a silly question. I have read that since they are shorter and the tweeter is not at ear height, angling them a few degrees is beneficial. Would going with different length spikes front to back make sense?

Greg
    That would probably work ok, even if the spikes aren't perpendicular to the ground, but before you went out and put spikes on them I'd tilt them on a book or something and see if you can tell the difference.
    -Ryan

Comment

• Curt C
      • Feb 2005

I designed the TriTrix, with its short stature, to be less obtrusive in the room, hopefully garnering more SAF. The main lobe is quite broad, but being an MTM, is orthogonal to the front baffle and centered on the tweeter axis. Angling, or placing them on a short stand are options, but as Ryan suggested, do a test run first. You may not find it is necessary in your application. The modeled vertical polar response shows little if any response aberration at any realistic vertical listening angle.

C
      Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"