X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobhowell
    • Jul 2008

Any designs using the Seas Excel W15CH-KR Black Cone

Madisound has this driver on sale and I'm wondering if there is a design available for it.

Bob Howell
  • 2sooners
    • Jan 2010

This is driving me nuts too. I figure something like the ZA5 project or maybe Zaph/Huerta
    1600hz contest winner.

Be nice if some heavies would weigh in. Santa wants me to have these drivers. Maybe some super value tweeters to complement them but i bet the sb acoustics SB29RDCN-C000-4 would be close.

These drivers are at $100 ea discount and may offer a super high value project.

A nice small high performance 2way that will sing to me. Yep, Santa knows what i need!

Comment

• Face
      • Mar 2007

Look for any designs using the W15CH001 .
      SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• 2sooners
        • Jan 2010

Does this mean this is a "mission possible"! OK, thanks. Here i go <again>

Comment

• bobhowell
          • Jul 2008

So, would the Scan-Speak Discovery D2608/9130 1" tweeter match well with this?
          This is the old Peerless HDS.

I have looked around for designs but found none, so am just thinking out loud.

Bob

Comment

• jkrutke
            • Dec 2005

Designs for the W15CY-001 would probably work well also. The drivers are very close acoustically and electrically.
            Zaph|Audio

Comment

• dwk
              • Apr 2005

Interesting zaph - comparing the test results on your comparo page they do look extremely similar. Difference in the resonant peak but for a 2-way that is probably ignorable, otherwise very similar - even the break-up looks close enough to be a drop-in. There are several interesting designs for the W15CY out there.

Tough call between these and some Neo-10's for close to the same $$$. Guess it depends largely on whether one is thinking 2-way or 3-way.

Comment

• bobhowell
                • Jul 2008

I found several at Toels' site http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Diy_Lou... constructions

Any others come to mind?

Comment

• Undefinition
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by bobhowell
                  I found several at Toels' site http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Diy_Lou... constructions

Any others come to mind?
                  yeah, these... :W

I'm kidding. But seriously, I heard this speaker at a HiFi dealer and was thoroughly impressed. I intended to "clone" it with my own choice of drivers at some point.
                  Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?
                  Paul Carmody's DIY Speaker Site

Comment

• Jonasz
                    • Nov 2004

I've been using the W15CY with the Hiquphon OW1 for the last 7-8 years and I can say it's a tremendous driver and so is the OW1. Great combination. My speakers are a Selah Audio design but now I'm interested in trying Troels version also just to see if there's a difference. :B

German Klang & Ton magazine had a W15CH/22TAFG design this fall. It could also be converted to a 3-way with the W22 as bassdriver. :P

Comment

• dwk
                      • Apr 2005

Looks like Troels site had both the the specific designs I had in mind - the NeoCD3 design and the 3 related Seas 5" designs with the 22taf/g.

Jed at clearwave has a nice looking W15+NeoCD3 design as well, but it's proprietary.

Paul - one of my main regrets from RMAF is that I didn't hear the Joseph Audio Pulsars which are the stand-mount little brother to the floor standers you show. From all accounts they were fantastic. Since I liked basically all the Seas Excel based speakers I heard at RMAF I'm annoyed that I missed them.

Certainly the Excel + Millennium combo is well-proven, but I'm not sure whether there is a published design that uses the W15.

Comment

• bobhowell
                        • Jul 2008

Went to order my pair of these and a tweeter...and they have only one left.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"