X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snmhanson
    • Jun 2010

One more veneering questions

I am veneering my Statement Monitor and 2RCC build and have a questions. I am using contact cement based on the recommendation of the shop that sold me the veneer. It is all going reasonably well, except that I am getting a little lifting on some of the corners. It's not major, just a little at a few of the corners. I tried to push them down but they are not adhering. What should I use to get the corners to stay down? I could inject some more contact cement or I could just use wood glue or something else.

Thanks for any advice,

Matt
  • Hank
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2002

I've always used contact cement and never had a lift problem. Don't skimp on it, especially near edges and corners. I'd recommend injecting contact cement rather than mixing in water-based wood glue. Post pics of your finished veneeer.

Comment

• Amphiprion
      • Apr 2006

Frank is the expert when it comes to veneering.

Comment

• snmhanson
        • Jun 2010

Thanks - I found another corner that didn't adhere well. This is only my second attempt at veneering so it is still a huge learning process. I did buy a trim router though and it makes it quite a bit easier than trying to manage the full size router. I'll try to post pics later today on my build thread:

I have decided to build a couple of Statement Monitors and a Statement 2RCC Center so I thought I would start a dedicated thread to chronical my build and get some questions answered. First off, I am making some slight changes to the cabinet designs in that I want to put a slight (6' radius) bend in the sides to blend with a
        Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 19:45 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"