X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Galodourado
    • Sep 2010

New to DIY wanting to try Miniliths

Hi all,

this is my first post here, so I want to give thanks to you all for all valuable information you share here.

I have never tried before any DIY project, but now I'm planning to fund my first serious HiFi project and I'm thinking about making my own speakers based on Miniliths (see this post )

Objective is to create a pair of speakers for listening mixed types of music at low/moderate volume, seeking highly detailed and full-bodied sound. Room about 3x4mt

What I have almost defined:
    1. 1" MDF will be used for cabinets, 2 layers in front baffle
    2. It will be TMWW or TMW
    3. Neo3 PDR will be used as tweeters (baffle with sealed box of 0.75" aprox inside the MDF itself)
    4. Neo8 PDR will be used as mids (same configuration as Neo3)
    5. They will be actively triamped by Rotel RB-976 and 2xMiniDSP
    6. Woofer/s will go in sealed cabinet
    7. Initially I will not use any sub

Now I need advice to decide:
    1. Initial plan was to use 2xDayton RS225 on each 60lt woofer, but will 1xDayton RS270 or 1xDynaudio MW-180 be better/enough?
    2. Will it be any issue with diffraction or something making separate baffles for woofer/s and mid-tweet? (woofer/s will go in its/their cabinet, and a physically separated -5cm separation- baffle in chapel-shape above it for mid+tweet)

Tks!
    Last edited by theSven; 15 August 2023, 14:21 Tuesday. Reason: Update htguide url
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Javier hasn't logged on in almost a month you might want to send him a email to get his attention.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Galodourado
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ThomasW
      Javier hasn't logged on in almost a month you might want to send him a email to get his attention.
      I've already sent him a pm several days ago.
      I prefer to wait a little bit more before bother him with an email.

In any case, any advice will be wellcome!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"