X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clearwaterms
    • Nov 2006

Eminence Alpha 10a in a TM?

Has anybody worked with the Eminence Alpha 10A at all? I am considering putting it in a TM and wanted some thoughts.

Also if anybody has any suggestions on a sub 4" driver (8 or 10") that has amazing sound quality, even if its a little more expensive than the Alpha, I am all ears.
  • neuro
    • Oct 2007

Did you mean sub 12" driver?
    If so, Lambda 10s are good. PHY has good models, IIRC one in particular has a field coil to cancel distortion as well as the usual magnet. Seems like I've heard good things about the SEAS W26.
    Umm, just looked up the price of the Alpha. Guess by "a little more expensive" you probably didn't mean many times the price...
    For the money, you may have trouble beating the Alpha. You could look up the Eminence (beta, delta, kappa) line if you just want to spend a little more.

Comment

• Greg Kramer
      • May 2009

How about the 2 Pi design.

Check these out.
      High-quality, high-efficiency loudspeakers with uniform directivity have been the Pi Speakers mainstay since 1980. From the constant directivity cornerhorns to the matched-directivity two-way speakers, Pi Speakers is the leader in the audiophile market.

I have met the designer. He is a smart guy and has spent a lot of time optimizing his designs.

Greg

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"