X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonasz
    • Nov 2004

Scan-Speak factory

Here's an interesting visit to the Scan-Speak factory in Denmark. It's very nice to see that all their drivers (even the cheaper Discovery series) are still handmade. Sorry it's only in danish (I can only understand maybe half of it :B ) but the pics are still interesting IMHO. :P

• evilskillit
    • Oct 2008

de vuffer und tveeter. Heheh. That amused me.

I wish I understood that. Was neat to watch.

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Yeah I wish as well...I was thinking that the whole time "this is a neat video but I wish I knew what the heck they were saying"

Comment

• dsrviola
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for the video link!

Not having captions for the dialogue let me focus on how the people/language sounded. Fascinating

Comment

• 5th element
          Supreme Being Moderator
          • Sep 2009

It's nice to see that they measure each drivers FR, impedance and what looks like distortion performance before allowing them to be shipped. But then scan speaks quality control has always been top notch
          What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
          5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
          Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

• numberoneoppa
            • Sep 2009

That was amazing. Thanks for the link. <3
            -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• Dr.EM
              • Mar 2010

Awesome video! Can see why Scan-Speak are one of the top quality manufacturers. Would be great to see subtitles on this though

Comment

• dar47
                • Nov 2008

Notice how women are doing all the assemble. Men have no dexterity and very little patience. Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

• evilskillit
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by dar47
                  Notice how women are doing all the assemble. Men have no dexterity and very little patience. Thanks for sharing that.
                  I noticed that too and was curious. Maybe I should get my wife to help me build my speakers, impart some of that ScanSpeak goodness. Does she have to be Danish for it to work?

Comment

• dar47
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by evilskillit
                    I noticed that too and was curious. Maybe I should get my wife to help me build my speakers, impart some of that ScanSpeak goodness. Does she have to be Danish for it to work?
                    ya good luck with that one, now that my kids are gone I can't get mine to do a dish.

Comment

• 5th element
                      Supreme Being Moderator
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by dar47
                      I have great dexterity and decent patience when working on something I want to turn out well.
                      What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
                      5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
                      Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

• Renovator
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by 5th element
                        I have great dexterity and decent patience when working on something I want to turn out well.
                        Think that is the "guy thing" about being single minded on the task at hand :T

But try doing it repeatedly, every day, and being able to discuss everything under the sun at the same time and it usually becomes a different story

I used to manage a couple of electronics manufacturing lines. About 70 workers. Always regretted the couple of males that previous managers had employed. They were always the weak link. ops:

Lewis

Comment

• HareBrained
                          • Jul 2008

I noticed they had a foosball table in the engineering area. It was a wonderfully clean and pleasant manufacturing area. Every person had a lot of room to work and nobody was looking of the shoulder of anyone else. It looked like they put some serious thought and effort into creating a repeatable process for many different drivers. Probably a real nice place to work.

Interesting how the stiffening ribs and cone coatings were applied by hand.
                          John

Comment

• PassingInterest
                            • Mar 2010

Did you notice the ad for the Bliv Medlem AF Plus?
                            I bet that thing ROCKS!
                            Whatever the heck it is.

Cool video, though.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"