X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cqboling
    • Dec 2004

Sietecerocero vs Swope ht vs AviaTrix

I am still enjoying the Triune's that I built in 2005 from Curt's original design. I am looking to build something new. It's not that I am unhappy with the Triune's I just feel the need to build again. I really like all three of the designs in question but would like feedback before I commit. Main use will be HT but I do watch alot of concerts and listen to music also.
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

The AviaTrix use a more expensive tweeter, so they cost more. The Sietecerocero MTM is a darn good speaker, but I imagine that the RS28F makes the Aviatrix a little better - is it worth the extra $$? Probably to some, probably not to others. The low crossover point of the Aviatrix probably makes some other differences, gives slightly more uniform off-axis. The bass should be the same, since they are share the same midwoofers.

Paul's Swope is nice I'm sure. I've heard other of Paul's designs. He does good work.

Decisions like this somewhat come down to a coin flip. They are all good. Different people would like different speakers.

If you wait a month or so, you'll get more listening impressions from Iowa. The Aviatrix will be there, and Paul is taking a pair of speakers, not sure which ones.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"