X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ARSIS
    • Sep 2010

statement...

is there a pdf file or link for the exact blueprints for this speaker design? i just found out about it today. looks really nice. i listen to a lot of midbass heavy music and need a speaker that will handle 2ch well without a sub. any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ARSIS
    is there a pdf file or link for the exact blueprints for this speaker design? i just found out about it today. looks really nice. i listen to a lot of midbass heavy music and need a speaker that will handle 2ch well without a sub. any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated
    HERE is a link to Curt's website or go to the Mission Accomplished section here at HT Guide for a complete and extensive build thread. Do a search for Statements and you'll find dozens of build threads that will answer about every question possible.

Good luck!

Jim

Comment

• ARSIS
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Jim Holtz
      HERE is a link to Curt's website or go to the Mission Accomplished section here at HT Guide for a complete and extensive build thread. Do a search for Statements and you'll find dozens of build threads that will answer about every question possible.

Good luck!

Jim

Will the statements rock you out to this? i gots to have that chest cracking kick-drum!

Last edited by theSven; 29 April 2024, 21:46 Monday. Reason: Change url to https

Comment

• Jim Holtz
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Will the statements rock you out to this? i gots to have that chest cracking kick-drum!

If you want rockin' slamin' speakers, look elsewhere. If you're after accuracy, dynamics and a huge soundstage, the Statements do a very nice job, IMHO. :W

Others can give a less biased opinion.

Jim
        Last edited by theSven; 29 April 2024, 21:47 Monday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• DeathMonk
          • Jun 2008

I listen to all kinds of music on my statements--metal being one genre. I think they do a fine job

Although if the recording is crap, that's what you're going to hear

Comment

• Undefinition
            • Dec 2006

Ahhh.... I got what you need right here

Click image for larger version

Name:	MichillindaVoicing.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	953066

Meshuggah sounds wonderful on them. :B

I'll post the crossover this weekend.
            Last edited by theSven; 29 April 2024, 21:49 Monday. Reason: Update image location
            Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?
            Paul Carmody's DIY Speaker Site

Comment

• Jonasz
              • Nov 2004

Zaph's SB12.3 is another option. :P

Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.

Image not available
              Last edited by theSven; 29 April 2024, 21:52 Monday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

• ARSIS
                • Sep 2010

how bout this

Click image for larger version

Name:	4409005137_f58572a576_o.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	953067
                Last edited by theSven; 29 April 2024, 21:49 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Jonasz
                  • Nov 2004

how bout this

Click image for larger version  Name:	4409005137_f58572a576_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	953067

Very spendy?
                  Last edited by theSven; 29 April 2024, 21:50 Monday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• ARSIS
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Jonasz
                    Very spendy?

yeah... very spendy. about 6 grand for raw drivers and crossover parts

Comment

• evilskillit
                      • Oct 2008

I think most speakers can sound good with stuff like Messhuga, just have some subwoofers handy. If you want more slam just keep cranking up the frequency cut off and volume on the subs.

Thats the way I look at it. Certain things do just sound too harsh on revealing speakers, I think Fear Factory is one, that stuff is shrill, but for the most part I haven't built a pair of speakers that can't rock, especially without the help of subs. Some may be more apt to do it by themselves, but then they may not represent some other types of music as well. Even tho my main diet is metal I prefer to have accurate speakers and just boost the bass when I want more slam. My 2 cents.

My current speakers - http://www.zaphaudio.com/Waveguidetmm.html
                      Previous Speakers http://rjbaudio.com/Microbe%20SE/microbe%20SE.html

Comment

• Undefinition
                        • Dec 2006

how bout this

Click image for larger version  Name:	4409005137_f58572a576_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	953067

Did you guys read the bottom line on that guy's website who built them? Here, I'll paste it for you:

Galactica pair with passive crossover network and painted finish: $17,500.00

Galactica pair with passive crossover network and veneered satin finish $18,950.00

Galactica pair with passive crossover network and high gloss veneered finish $21,500.00

Last edited by theSven; 29 April 2024, 21:51 Monday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• ARSIS
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Undefinition
                          Did you guys read the bottom line on that guy's website who built them? Here, I'll paste it for you:

Galactica pair with passive crossover network and painted finish: $17,500.00

Galactica pair with passive crossover network and veneered satin finish $18,950.00

Galactica pair with passive crossover network and high gloss veneered finish $21,500.00

http://www.craftyhands.net/Galactica.htm

yep... i'ts pretty dang expensive. any designs out there similar, and cheaper to build?

Comment

• ARSIS
                            • Sep 2010

Ahhh.... I got what you need right here

Click image for larger version  Name:	MichillindaVoicing.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	953066

Meshuggah sounds wonderful on them. :B

I'll post the crossover this weekend.

i just noticed this... is that a meshuggah cd on the floor? lol
                            Last edited by theSven; 29 April 2024, 21:51 Monday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• Undefinition
                              • Dec 2006

i just noticed this... is that a meshuggah cd on the floor? lol
                              Haha. It's Sevendust. Honestly, that CD never sounded so good as it did on these speakers. There's actually "resolve" and "micro-detail" on the guitar and voice parts. Who knew that I'd been missing that stuff all these years? :huh:

Comment

• TacoD
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2004

Haha. It's Sevendust. Honestly, that CD never sounded so good as it did on these speakers. There's actually "resolve" and "micro-detail" on the guitar and voice parts. Who knew that I'd been missing that stuff all these years? :huh:

Nice project, but between the lines I read some "DIY" bias

Comment

• mischmat
                                  • Feb 2010

Might as well be one to say it but Jed's 4T's put out alot of sound. I'm very pleased with my set, and would recommend them. I listen to mostly alternative rock, which lately tends to have alot of mids in it. They are much better sounding than the Polks I was using. Heck half the time I don't even have my sub on, just tends to be too much.

Comment

• soundemon
                                    • May 2009

yes they rock the metal!
                                    DIY - once you start down that (dark) path, forever will it dominate your destiny!

Comment

• numberoneoppa
                                      • Sep 2009

I need to introduce you guys to some better metal...
                                      -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• evilskillit
                                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by numberoneoppa
                                        I need to introduce you guys to some better metal...
                                        Do tell? I mostly listen to Euro / Scandi stuff. In Flames, Soilwork, Amorphis, Night Wish, Children of Bodom, Scar Symmetry and lately Iron Maiden. Don't know how I made it this far without realizing how awesome they are.

Comment

• impala454
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • Oct 2007

I can vouch for the statements sounding amazing with just about any type of music I've thrown at them (have four monitors and the center, hooked up to an Emotiva XPA-5). Everything from Bob Mintzer to Diana Krall to Godsmack to T.I. They will crack plaster and sound amazing while doing it!
                                          -Chuck

Comment

• FroDaddy
                                            • Mar 2006

I wouldn't say the Statements are good for chest cracking midbass.

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"