X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbegland
    • Apr 2005

Dipole 15 here now too

I can see why these larger phase plugs got the "John Holmes" nickname. They are huge! Also got my "feet" for the baffles too. I'll try to get some in baffle measurements of these woofers this weekend.

I'm gonna need a way to protect the cones of these since Johns treatment leaves them a little sticky. They've only been out of the box for about 15 minutes and there is already cat fur stuck to them. AAAARRRGGGHHH!
    I'm thinking about something stretchy like a pantyhose type material to just cover the 15. Don't want full grills and that won't help with the flying fur anyways. It's got to be something tight and formfitting to the frames. Kind of makes my John Holmes get a little excited just thinking about the possibilities.

Greg
    Attached Files
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

John has said Scotchgard fabric spray is safe to use on the cones to make them less sticky.

Comment

• Jonasz
      • Nov 2004

Is that a Saab chair?

Very nice drivers! :T

Comment

• gbegland
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jonasz
        Is that a Saab chair?

Very nice drivers! :T
        Buick minivan, but I guess it may be closer than you think with the GM ownership during the time chairs were manufactured. I bought 4 and put them all on casters. Use one as my office chair and the rest as additional seating anywhere in the house. When not in use, they are rolled into the extra bedroom.

Yes, VERY nice drivers. Working on the 2nd test baffle tonight and tomorrow, so by weekends end, I should be in stereo finally.

Greg

Comment

• gbegland
          • Apr 2005

A few sweeps @ 2 and 6 inches. This single 15 on a narrow baffle in the middle of the room is beating my old open baffle woofers with far less EQ. Those were H baffles and had 2 12" per side boxed in by my entertainment system and the wall, so really a continuous 15 foot wide baffle.

Greg
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"