X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guiria
    • May 2009

CJD MTM on/inwall using RS28A

I have decided to downsize my center channel from the Dayton RS WMTW to the CJD MTM. My current center uses the RS28A tweeter and one RS150 so all I need to buy is another RS150 and some crossover parts. I found this post in the old CJD MTM thread. This is in reference to using the RS28A with an in/on wall crossover.

How big is the TV?

It may be enough to simply bump down the gauge (bump up the impedance) of the inductors in the woofer circuit.

Well, I snuck a few minutes to toss some numbers together... swap values as you move across the posted circuit for the following:

Woofer:

.8mH 20ga inductor
    40uF cap
    .1mH inductor

6ohm/12uF zobel

Tweeter:

10uF cap
    .33mH inductor
    20uF cap

.05mH inductor/1.5ohm resistor

C
    I understand where everything goes except on the tweeter...the last two items .05mH inductor/1.5 ohm resistor. Where do I put those?

Looking at the RS28A image off of CJD's website.

I'm not exactly sure...

Center channel will be going on wall or in wall below my TV.
  • Guiria
    • May 2009

One other note, I would be buying 18 awg inductors for everything except the .8mH inductor which specifically states 20 awg.

I'm just looking for some type of Yes go ahead comment from an experienced crossover builder

Comment

• Guiria
      • May 2009

proposed crossover position

This is what I am guessing the crossover should look like...I know, I know, I am a master at photoshop.

Any ideas if that is right?

Comment

• parodielin
        • Nov 2009

Guiria,

I wanted to build this for my center but I remembered CJD said that his MTM won't mix up well with Dennis' RS 3 Ways due to crossover design. You'd better double check with CJD.

Comment

• Guiria
          • May 2009

Originally posted by parodielin
          Guiria,

I wanted to build this for my center but I remembered CJD said that his MTM won't mix up well with Dennis' RS 3 Ways due to crossover design. You'd better double check with CJD.
          Not a problem. I don't own the RS 3 ways. I used the Dennis Murphy crossover in my center channel but I'm cannibalizing the big center for parts to make this smaller center.

Comment

• Guiria
            • May 2009

After further digging I noticed that the Seas crossover has the following layout.

I plan to follow that layout with the RS28A in/on wall values and hopefully it will turn out good.

Comment

• Guiria
              • May 2009

In case anyone else runs into the same situation, I followed the above post layout for the inwall crossover and it sounds great.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"