X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coconutout
    • Oct 2006

just noticed this from the official statement monitors thread

^^ that mr.holtz's monitors in the picture looks to have the woofer mounted higher up on the baffle than the enclosure plan. this is only from eyeballing it, but it seems to be about half an inch higher or so than mine and all the other forum members' from my inaccurate estimation. so if this is the case, i'd like to know if the voicing was done on the design using mr.holtz's variation of the cabinet, or the one in the enclosure blueprint. i'm extremely happy with mine regardless... and too busy enjoying them to put finishes on it for pics hehe.
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Plans should match my build. Regardless, there would not be any sonic impact at that crossover point.

Jim

Comment

• Coconutout
      • Oct 2006

sorry, mr.holtz. i will bet my welcome here that the enclosure on the front page of the official build thread is made with the circles cut 7" from the center of the mid and the woofer, instead of 7.625 as it's published on the blueprint. it's more evident when you compare it to the pictures of the statement TL build by beerparty. that was cut with 7" distance as specified by the enclosure plan. if anything the 7" spaced version looks better...

Comment

• Brian Kingsbury
        • Sep 2009

...and this is important enough to "bet your welcome" because of what exactly?
        ;x( We're not worthy! ;x(

Comment

• Coconutout
          • Oct 2006

^ im sure your speakers sound better than mine since you don't consider .5" offset important enough to affect the driver integration.

Comment

• Brian Kingsbury
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Coconutout
            ^ im sure your speakers sound better than mine since you don't consider .5" offset important enough to affect the driver integration.
            Correct me if I'm wrong as it's hard to judge emotion over the internet but it seems that you're trying to start a fight over the driver spacing issue. I haven't seen the pictures you're referring to but, like Jim already stated, his speakers are built to spec. More importantly, the spec is based on his speakers. He's been extremely gracious and helpful to the community by offering this terrific design for free. If you're happy with your speakers, then why are you starting 'drama' with someone who spent a LOT of time to design them for you?
            ;x( We're not worthy! ;x(

Comment

• numberoneoppa
              • Sep 2009

OP, what the *edited* are you on about?
              -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Coconutout
                sorry, mr.holtz. i will bet my welcome here that the enclosure on the front page of the official build thread is made with the circles cut 7" from the center of the mid and the woofer, instead of 7.625 as it's published on the blueprint. it's more evident when you compare it to the pictures of the statement TL build by beerparty. that was cut with 7" distance as specified by the enclosure plan. if anything the 7" spaced version looks better...
                Well, you got me. My accuracy as a carpenter is off a bit from the plans.

*I WILL RESTATE AGAIN*

A small variation in driver spacing between the woofer and mid will have NO Impact on driver integration at this crossover point. The spacing is much more critical at higher frequencies but not at 400 Hz.

Case closed and discussion ended...

Jim

Last edited by Jim Holtz; 26 August 2010, 22:47 Thursday.

Comment

• Coconutout
                  • Oct 2006

thank you , Mr.Holtz. that was all the assurance i needed to keep loving my monitors. i hope my politeness was made apparent to you, Jim. obviously, those who aren't capable of it themselves can't detect it in others.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"