X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guiria
    • May 2009

Dayton RS WMTW center in wall

I've currently got this bad boy sitting in front of my TV.

I am building shelves into the walls, TV going on the wall, and speakers going into the walls as well. My bonus room has 24" on center joists which makes it a little narrower than my center channel.

Ideally if I could rebuild the Dayton RS WMTW into a narrower, taller box, pushing the mid and tweet up and bringing the two woofers closer together I could build it narrow enough to put in between wall joists.

What type of crossover mods would need to happen if I did that? If I recall the Dennis Murphy Xover did not incorporate baffle step.

If doing that will just compromise everything about the speaker then I'll do something else for a center and figure out what to do with this beast.
  • Not2Evil
    • Dec 2008

I can not answer your question about the crossover or the baffle step.

I think part of your solution depends on the position of the studs relative to what you want to do. If you could 'split' your box on either side of a stud, you could build a sealed box for the left RS225 and another sealed box for the right, leaving the TM pretty much intact. Or, TM in the center and the woofers approximately 16 inches to either side. (each just on the other side of a stud)

If you have room to build a false wall in which to build your shelves, the possibilities are endless. Hey, there could be an IB sub in your future if you have lots of room.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"