X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsrviola
    • Oct 2007

Dueland Resistors

Has anybody tried the Dueland resistors and not liked them? Everything I've read about them has been positive. Not that there's been much written about them. I use the Mills MRA12 in xovers. I've tried the MRA5s and don't care for them unless I parallel then with an MRA12.

thanks
  • b_force
    • Jun 2008

I really do NOT LIKE the price.
    I would invest the money in more important things (that's my opinion)

Comment

• Face
      • Mar 2007

I love them, they're the next best thing to having no resistor at all. Mills and Mundorf(MOX) will sound colored in comparison.

I only use them in series with drivers, I wouldn't bother using them elsewhere. Besides the price, the only downfalls are their awkward size and the leads are a little delicate. If you purchase them directly from Duelund, I believe you can order a smaller "tube" for certain values.
      SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• dsrviola
        • Oct 2007

How do they sound compared to Mills? I've never used the Mundorfs. I have used Caddocks before in tweeter circuits. Blech. Also tried the foil NTE resistors from the electronics store around the corner. Not bad at all for voicing. The Mills are the most nuetral that I've found so far.

Comment

• Face
          • Mar 2007

Clean, transparent. Mills sound warm and colored in comparison.
          SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• dsrviola
            • Oct 2007

Just replaced some Mills with these (2 in each channel) in the tweeter circuit of my current Accuton project. Color me impressed. Thank goodness for that sale at Parts Connexion! I didn't get the cast version, just the regular ones. Glad I did. I definitely recommend them as one of the final "tweeks" in a refined system.

Comment

• dsrviola
              • Oct 2007

Upon further reflection (and many MANY swappings in different crossover configurations) I'm coming to a different conclusion. Yes, the Duelands sound great, but I'm not convinced that they're better, just different. While I have no experience with the cast version, the standard version has a similar signature to a Mundorf Silver/Gold/Oil. I can see how in some systems this might be preferential to the Mills. YMMV

Comment

• Audiophile100%
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Face
                I love them, they're the next best thing to having no resistor at all. Mills and Mundorf(MOX) will sound colored in comparison.
                hi face,
                in what mox sound colored compared to duelund ?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"