X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bastek
    • Apr 2008

Morel MDM55 polymer re-coat?

Is there any way to re-coat this dome mid? I cleaned the dome with a soft wet towel, it had a lot of dust on the sticky coating, blowing on it didn't do anything, and now it's softer than the other one and not as shiny.
  • dsrviola
    • Oct 2007

You used to be able to buy replacement domes at Madisound. I don't see any listed now. You might just try contacting Morel directly.

And no, I doubt you can reapply your own coating. That's a very delicate process. Furthermore, it wouldn't match what's on the other driver. I know there are people out there who play with that part of drivers to improve/ change the sound, but I think that's outside most peoples field of expertise/experience.

Cheers

Comment

• Bastek
      • Apr 2008

I think I'll leave alone for now, as it doesn't affect the sound. I'm mad at Morel for not providing a metal grill for such a sensitive dome driver.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"