X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tchaik
    • Nov 2009

my new statements sealed

got the parts about a month ago. erse xover parts showed up last week. actually was able to stop off at parts express and pick up the woofers and mids late april. i began the cabinets about two months ago and just finished the mdf boxes this week. finished with a flush trim bit.
    as soon as i figure out how to add pictures to this thread i will do it. i am trying to do that this memorial day weekend. sorry i didn't get pictures of the process. but there will be much more to show as i finish the xovers, rebuild my sub cabinets and veneer, stain and urethane it all.

tchaik............
  • numberoneoppa
    • Sep 2009

You can upload pictures using the "manage attachments" button when making a post. You can also upload them to an external image host and link them with I-M-G brackets in your post.

=)
    Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 12:41 Saturday. Reason: Update text
    -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• tchaik
      • Nov 2009

pictures

still trying, not successful. i am so used to a mac which is just click and drag that anytime i work in any pc based format, i get all confoosed. i got them uploaded to photo bucket. now.....how do i get them here?

Comment

• hifijeepster
        • May 2009

Try again!

Comment

• 1Michael
          • Sep 2006

Post the link under the picture.
          Michael
          Chesapeake Va.

Comment

• RegulatorCT
            • Feb 2010

Yeah, I didn't post pics up here for the longest time because didn't know how to and there wasn't a walk through guide...

Anyhow here is what I did.

Go to photo-bucket and sign up for their free account.

Upload whatever photos you care too. I re-sized my pics in MS Paint real quick so the file size isn't huge.

Now that your pics are hosted on photo-buckets servers you can copy the photo-bucket [I-M-G] link into the forum thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.webp
Views:	30
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	944577

I hope that helps!
            Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 12:34 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• tchaik
              • Nov 2009

pictures

I think this is right I hope.

Name:	5.webp
Views:	23
Size:	952 Bytes
ID:	944582 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.webp
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	944581 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.webp
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	944579

Name:	2.webp
Size:	832 Bytes
ID:	944580 Click image for larger version

Name:	1.webp
Views:	22
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	944578

okay... I got them listed. now, how do I make them big?
              Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 12:36 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• looneybomber
                • May 2007

You posted the links correctly, but your pictures themselves are small.

You either uploaded small pics to photo-bucket, or you resized them in photo-bucket (it has that capability) too small.
                Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 12:37 Saturday. Reason: Update text

Comment

• tchaik
                  • Nov 2009

New try

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.webp Views:	0 Size:	1.4 KB ID:	944578

When I posted them on photo-bucket they were over 100k each. I don't know why they only show as thumbnail size.
                  Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 12:38 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• BobEllis
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Dec 2005

Are you linking to the thumbnail from the gallery or opening the picture and using that link?

Comment

• BigmouthinDC
                      • Aug 2007

I checked your images are too small

Comment

• tchaik
                        • Nov 2009

You are right. I don't know how, but when i loaded them onto photo-bucket they were reconfigured at less than a tenth of their original size. I will try again to load these sometime this week with maybe a few more.

tchaik...................
                        Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 12:38 Saturday. Reason: Update text

Comment

• numberoneoppa
                          • Sep 2009

if for some reason you can't get photo-bucket to work and you can't figure out the attachment system here, give image shack a go.
                          Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 12:39 Saturday. Reason: Update text
                          -Josh

Comment

• tchaik
                            • Nov 2009

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.webp Views:	0 Size:	1.4 KB ID:	944578

lets see if this worked.

dam!........

Images not available

success!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 12:40 Saturday. Reason: Remove broken image links

Comment

• numberoneoppa
                              • Sep 2009

It seems as if you're uploading thumbnails as they're all resized the exact same way. Check the files you're uploading.
                              -Josh

Comment

• Mazeroth
                                • Nov 2004

tchaik, whereabouts in NE Ohio are you? I grew up in Warren and visit home a few times a year to visit family. I've never heard a Statement build... :W

Comment

• tchaik
                                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Mazeroth
                                  tchaik, whereabouts in NE Ohio are you? I grew up in Warren and visit home a few times a year to visit family. I've never heard a Statement build... :W
                                  i live in elyria. but my wife's family is in youngstown. i expect to have the sealed statements up and running by the end of june. give me a buzz when you are planning on coming up to warren and maybe we can work out a listening session. i myself am taking these totally on faith based upon all the reviews and listening taste of those reviewing. i am hoping that i will like these as much as i think i will. if not.......well i hope to make some of my money back on the parts i purchased, but i don't think that will need to be the case.

btw...i chose the sealed statements because they are going to be sitting atop my sub cabinets both left and right with the subs crossing in at around 40 hz.

we will see how this all works.

tchaik................
                                  Last edited by tchaik; 01 June 2010, 20:29 Tuesday.

Comment

• tchaik
                                    • Nov 2009

howdju do that?

tchaik.............

Comment

• numberoneoppa
                                      • Sep 2009

Code:
                                      wrap the image URL inside of image tags like this:
                                      [img]URL HERE[/img]
                                      -Josh

Comment

• john trials
                                        • Mar 2009

It's hard to tell from your photos, but it looks like you need to make some relief cuts on the back side of your baffles to give the mids and woofers more breathing room (like the rear of the baffle in this photo).

Last edited by theSven; 08 July 2023, 12:42 Saturday. Reason: Update image location
                                        Statements: "They usually kill the desire to build anything else."

Comment

• tchaik
                                          • Nov 2009

relief cuts have already been made as per instructions on statement build page. did the woofers with a 3/4" roundover bit on the inside and did the mids with a 45 degree bit on the inside. unfortunately the pictures do not show that having been done. thanks for the counsel though.

tchaik.............

Comment

• tchaik
                                            • Nov 2009

my new statements sealed

just got them up and running in the basement (my workshop). even with an ipod compressed file as the source, i still have to wax eloquent about this design. i hooked them up with a spare dayton ap150 power amp and my trusty ipod classic (which is really only used for classroom lectures and sitting by the pool). even without my best equipment and playback source, these are extraordinary!

thanks jim and curt for such a wonderful design. i owe ya.

btw....i will try to post pictures soon as to how i laid out the xover and of the speakers themselves. the cabinets at the moment are strictly utilitarian and unfinished. my wife demands the same wood type and finish as my entertainment furniture so that will probably be a while. also, i have to redesign my 2 sub cabinets in order for the sealed statements to sit at the proper height. that, of course, will also take a while. for the time being i will just listen to them as they perch on my table saw.

tchaik...............

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"