X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsrviola
    • Oct 2007

New Accutons

Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.

Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.
  • brucemck2
    • Jan 2006

What sorts of applications would that woofer make sense for (obscene price aside)?

Efficiency looked great, except down low

Comment

• krips
      • Sep 2007

h: $1300 USD for a woofer? That's just redonkulous.
      Sharp LC-42D64U
      TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

Comment

• Rick Craig
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by brucemck2
        What sorts of applications would that woofer make sense for (obscene price aside)?

Looks nice for a very high resolution 3-way with good sensitivity and reasonable extension.

Comment

• Bear
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by brucemck2

If the distortion numbers are accurate, there is >50dB of headroom between the fundamental and any distortion products from 80Hz to 600Hz. That's a pretty special woofer.

Again, going off of the published distortion figures, the C158-85 actually looks better than the 95 or 95E for what will be similar possible uses (mid-range or smaller two-ways).

If I weren't saving my toy budget for a CNC machine, I would be very, very curious about what this one could do with an Air Circ in a big-ish two-way:

This thread should probably go in the "Drivers Wanted" forum, though.
          Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

Comment

• TacoD
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2004

I think these woofers are difficult to make so they increase the price to limit the number of orders and make a profit

Comment

• dsrviola
              • Oct 2007

What I've heard from an Accuton distributor is that the prices are high because there's a high failure rate in the driver manufacture.

Comment

• Bear
                Super Senior Member
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dsrviola
                What I've heard from an Accuton distributor is that the prices are high because there's a high failure rate in the driver manufacture.
                That would be consistent with TacoD's statement.

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

You'd think they'd try and lower the failure rate.......improve production costs....lower driver costs...improve sales....make more money

Comment

• Bear
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dougie085
                    You'd think they'd try and lower the failure rate.......improve production costs....lower driver costs...improve sales....make more money
                    Yeah, I doubt they've thought of that.

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Well....I'm not saying they haven't but seems they'd figure something out at all costs. Of course it's nice to see that they prefer to build the best driver regardless of what it takes. On the other hand though sounds like there would be a lot of waste and wasted time.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"