X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mischmat
    • Feb 2010

Stuck for space

Well the move is done and my initial thoughts for building the Mini-Statements may be just that, a thought. I may only be able to allow about 5 inches behind the speakers and don't know if that'll be enough.

I'm looking for suggestions on something similar to the statements but could be placed against the wall. Or if 5" will suffice that'd be awsome too.

Also placement for surrounds I'm going to have to change. Was thinking something on stands but just won't work. I'm thinking of mounting them up on the ceiling pointing down towards the listening position.

Thoughts?
  • DeathMonk
    • Jun 2008

Statement monitors have a near wall xover, I believe..

Comment

• mischmat
      • Feb 2010

I was looking at the floor standing Mini-Statements, not the monitors. Unless I missed something I didn't see close wall XO design for the Mini's.

Comment

• DeathMonk
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mischmat
        I was looking at the floor standing Mini-Statements, not the monitors. Unless I missed something I didn't see close wall XO design for the Mini's.
        Right.. I was just saying as an alternative.

I hear they sound pretty darn good

Comment

• mischmat
          • Feb 2010

Call me crazy, but I just love floor standers. I'd rather try to stick with them.

Comment

• mischmat
            • Feb 2010

I think I've either extremely tired from moving or am blind. I found a design in the guide. The Maxx speakers looke nice but for some reason can't find the cutlist and bom for the MTMWWWW series. I found this page here But seems to be a different version.
            Last edited by mischmat; 03 May 2010, 21:50 Monday.

Comment

• technodanvan
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2009

^^^

You could either get the plans, drivers, and premade crossovers by clicking on the Clearwave Loudspeaker Design link at the top of the page, or email the guy and I'm sure he'd hook you up with the parts list/design.

But buying the kit from him is very, very, reasonable. I've considered it myself, and may yet do it for my next project.
              - Danny

Comment

• mischmat
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by technodanvan
                ^^^

You could either get the plans, drivers, and premade crossovers by clicking on the Clearwave Loudspeaker Design link at the top of the page, or email the guy and I'm sure he'd hook you up with the parts list/design.

But buying the kit from him is very, very, reasonable. I've considered it myself, and may yet do it for my next project.

Ah, I didn't realize what those speakers were. Looked at this site and saw them Maxx. But these are them. Wanted to get it a bit at a time as the new move kinda tapped us.

Comment

• technodanvan
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2009

Ah, I didn't realize what those speakers were. Looked at this site and saw them Maxx. But these are them. Wanted to get it a bit at a time as the new move kinda tapped us.
                  Makes sense. The guy that runs the company (I think he's jed here at the site) will do some custom crossover work too if you have a unique situation. At least I'm pretty sure I've seen that offered.

But yeah, I hear you on breaking up the cost a bit. I need to stop looking at those, as I really would like to make a nice 5 channel system with them.
                  - Danny

Comment

• mischmat
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by technodanvan
                    Makes sense. The guy that runs the company (I think he's jed here at the site) will do some custom crossover work too if you have a unique situation. At least I'm pretty sure I've seen that offered.

But yeah, I hear you on breaking up the cost a bit. I need to stop looking at those, as I really would like to make a nice 5 channel system with them.

Didn't realize that some people had businesses. Look at that, you learn something new and it doesnt' have anything to do with audio.

Comment

• technodanvan
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Nov 2009

Didn't realize that some people had businesses. Look at that, you learn something new and it doesnt' have anything to do with audio.
                      I'm assuming it's more of something on the side that he enjoys doing, but I'm sure there are some people out there can do that as a sole means of making a living.
                      - Danny

Comment

• mischmat
                        • Feb 2010

Looks like I'm going with the Dynamic 4t's I just don't have the space to place the Statements 10" from the wall. Really wanted to hear what an open back mid design would sound like. My only reference is a pair of Polk R50's so I think either way I'm going way up on quality. On to planning.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"