X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DAVE.S
    • Jan 2010

questions on the statements

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

im in the final stages of cuting the wood for the big statements and im wanting to rear port the statements instead of the downfiring port position is this possible by just doing this ( Pic included ) and what do recommend as the distance for the port from the bottom and brace w/cut-out
    Attached Files
  • john trials
    • Mar 2009

The position of the port is not critical (the wavelengths that the port are dealing with are many feet long) as long as it is not blocked on the inside, and as long as it is not pointing directly at the woofer. Where you have it drawn is fine. I mounted mine on the rear also, and mine is just below the window brace, at about the same height as yours.

Is there some reason why you have the port half inside and half outside? It shouldn't change the port tuning. I'm just curious.
    Statements: "They usually kill the desire to build anything else."

Comment

• DAVE.S
      • Jan 2010

thanks for the response to be frank i just put it there as a refrence for relative possition and i didnt really think about the distance form the port to the back side of the statements

Comment

• Curt C
        • Feb 2005

I concur with John. The rear port in that position will be fine.

C
        Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

• john trials
          • Mar 2009

Any time I see an external port, I always think of this: http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/sid...de-gallery.htm

Too bad the Statement ports are so short
          Statements: "They usually kill the desire to build anything else."

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"