X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbegland
    • Apr 2005

My new Digmoda 552 DSP/AMP

Got these a few weeks ago and finally got around to hooking them up. Pretty sweet so far. Easy to use. Will be using these to prototype my new open baffle project. If they work out, I will also be using them for future studio monitor builds.

Greg www.phatplanetstudios.com
    Attached Files
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

I've been eying those products as well. I see they have just the active modules available at their website if someone wants to use separates. Let us know how well it works out for dipoles-- I expect extremely well, and most importantly how it sounds.

Comment

• Operandi
      • May 2007

A friend of mine who works on the Pro side of things was working with something very similar to those but were 2 way, may have been powered by Ice amps though power was similar.

It would be awesome if Madisound or Parts Express could get a 2 way version with 1/2 the power for 1/3 the price. As it is now its way too expensive for most people's projects.

Comment

• Mazeroth
        • Nov 2004

Can you elaborate on the software you're using?

Comment

• gbegland
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Mazeroth
          Can you elaborate on the software you're using?
          The software is what comes with the Digmoda amps. It is NOT measurement software, but rather the method for adjusting all of the filters, delays and comp/limiters. For measurements I use Arta combined with a Tascam USB interface and a Beyerdynamic mic.

Well, I spent all night playing around and measuring and I have to say that I'm liking these amps quite a bit. Glad the Behringer DCX is out of the system for good. Now if I can just find a widerange mid that satisfies me, I will be moving along with the project.

Greg

Comment

• gbegland
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Operandi
            A friend of mine who works on the Pro side of things was working with something very similar to those but were 2 way, may have been powered by Ice amps though power was similar.

It would be awesome if Madisound or Parts Express could get a 2 way version with 1/2 the power for 1/3 the price. As it is now its way too expensive for most people's projects.
            I might be able to help you out with a 2 way module as I am direct with KSC, their parent company.

Greg

Comment

• Operandi
              • May 2007

Originally posted by gbegland
              I might be able to help you out with a 2 way module as I am direct with KSC, their parent company.

Greg
              Really? I was more speaking on behalf of the community but I might be interested.

I sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"