X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krips
    • Sep 2007

Unwinding inductor - help?

I'm trying to unwind my solen 18awg .1mh inductors to .08mh for zaphs B3S filters. My calculations tell me I need to unwind 230 turns though...that can't be right, can it? What I did was divide the DCR of the coil by the DCR of 18awg wire to get a wire length (ended up with 221.2" for the .1mh inductor). I then estimated what a .08mh inductor would be since they don't make one in their lineup, and plunked them both into lalena's calculator, getting me 1257 turns for the larger one and 1026 turns for the smaller one. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Sharp LC-42D64U
    TriTrix MTM (Sealed)
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

I changed mine to .08 from .10 for that project, and it was not close to 200 and anything turns I removed.
    IIRC, it was less than 20 turns, but I used a Sencore I/C meter (Henry meter) during the unwinding process.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"