X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ray Tremblay
    • Jun 2008

RS180 XT25 project?

Has anyone attempted this yet? At least ONE person had to have built these.
    Last edited by Ray Tremblay; 03 April 2010, 00:20 Saturday. Reason: spelling
    Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

The Merlots
    Scanspeak R2904/7000's, Scanspeak 15M4531K00's, Dayton RSS265HF-4's, MiniDSP 2x8, Class D amplification
  • evilskillit
    • Oct 2008

Actually due to the breakup node in the RS180 and the fact that the XT25 has rising distortion below 2k it may not have been done. But if so I can probably find it.

Actually after scouring for a bit and turning up probably well over 10-15 designs using the XT25 none cross it directly to a RS180. Everything that crosses the XT25 to a large Dayton Reference woofer uses a midrange driver between them. I have a speaker with the XT25, but its woofer is the RS150. Plenty of designs that cross it to a moderately large peerless, scanspeak or vifa woofer.

Good luck in your search, let us know if you do turn up anything.

Comment

• Undefinition
      • Dec 2006

Gah! Didn't I try to talk you out of this before :W

Anyway, I have the parts on-hand, and baffles cut to fit them (exact same driver holes and recesses as the Amiga). I can try it and let you know how it goes, if you'd like. As long as the XT25 can cross down at 2000 Hz, it will work... but from my understanding that's no easy feat. Still, we never know until we try, right?
      Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?
      Paul Carmody's DIY Speaker Site

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

The XT-25 has the response curve and Fs to cross low enoug&, just not the distortion profile for the money. The RS-180 should cross closer to 1600Hz though...
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"