X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LING GOWA
    • Dec 2007

looking for a TM using Seas 27TBFC/G

I'm looking for a proven TM which uses the Seas 27TBFC/G in a ported .5 cu/ft cab with a 6'' - 6-1/2'' woofer.
    I built the Zaph 'All Aluminum', so I'm looking for suggestions on something else.
    Website
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LING GOWA
    I'm looking for a proven TM which uses the Seas 27TBFC/G in a ported .5 cu/ft cab with a 6'' - 6-1/2'' woofer.
    I built the Zaph 'All Aluminum', so I'm looking for suggestions on something else.

Build Jon's Modula M/T in a .75 cabinet. It's my favorite "budget" design.

Jim

Comment

• LING GOWA
      • Dec 2007

Thanks Jim but the cabs I have are .5 cu/ft.
      Website

Comment

• Mudjock
        • Sep 2005

Do you already have the tweeters and cabinets? If so, I would also recommend the Modula MT - I think you could get a reasonable, if not perfect, alignment for the RS180 in 0.5 cu. ft.

I have a design for the RS150-27TBFC/G that is proven (Chicago Audiofest 2005 and built by others), but uses a smaller cabinet. Reportedly, someone built the design in a pair of PE BR-1 boxes (about 0.55 cu. ft.) and was happy with the results. Personally, I would recommend either the 0.375 cu. ft. or 0.25 cu. ft. boxes over 0.5 cu. ft.

Overall, you'll probably be better off with the Modula MT unless these will be in a small room or will be used with a sub.

If you don't have the tweeters yet, you might consider Mark K's design with the Seas ER18 midwoofer and the H1499 DXT waveguide tweeter. It was designed to work with the 0.5 cu. ft. PE box.
        Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out...

https://sites.google.com/view/sehlin...solutions/home

Comment

• LING GOWA
          • Dec 2007

Yes, Mark K's design is very tempting and I just may build that one this summer.
          Website

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"