• Dec 2009

The start of my 2cc build

Just started the 2cc build yesterday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00970.webp
Views:	46
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	939596
    Last edited by theSven; 09 June 2023, 21:31 Friday. Reason: Update image location
  • ripcard
    • Sep 2008

Good luck with the build and have fun too. :T You're going to love the sound.
    My CLD Dynamic 2T, 2CC, 1S and RBR builds. My CSS Quartet 15 build.

Comment

• bbcmp1979
      • Dec 2009

Laminating the front baffle. Hopefully I have some time to route out the driver cut out.

Comment

• bbcmp1979
        • Dec 2009

Completed the 2cc today and brought them into the house. Now the xover from Jed should be here tomorrow (Saturday). I have patience!!!!

Name:	DSC00974.webp
Views:	41
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	939594

Name:	DSC00973.webp
Views:	45
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	939595
        Last edited by theSven; 09 June 2023, 21:30 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• bbcmp1979
          • Dec 2009

It's a good thing I didn't get the 4cc as I would have no mean of carrying it inside. The 2cc is heavier than the Natalie P.

Comment

• iskandam
            • Sep 2009

You did a top notch job on the finish. Just beautiful!

Would love to hear your review of the MK2 as I'm currently considering upgrading to the HDS tweeter :T

Comment

• Jed
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Apr 2005

Nice job with the finish. Wait until you see the crossover board... It's a beast. I've got to update the website to reflect the new Dynamic Series Mk2 with HDS tweeter.

You'll also need to give them plenty of time to break-in. I know some don't believe in it but for me it's pretty dramatic with the TB mids especially. They REALLY open up after a couple days of listening.

Comment

• bbcmp1979
                • Dec 2009

Thanks iskandam and Jed for reminding me that this is the updated version Dynamic 2cc Mk2 with the new HDS tweeter. I don't have the older version of tweeter to compare to but I do have the rs28 here. :-) CAn't wait to fedex stop by today. I might have to find reasons to stay home all day for it. I'd bet it is a beast as Jed said.

Comment

• bbcmp1979
                  • Dec 2009

Jed,
                  do you think placing the center speaker so close to the main will result in cancellation? I don't know if i can move Natalie Ps' that much further out.

thanks,

Comment

• Jed
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Apr 2005

Putting all 3 speakers in a single corner of the room certainly has it's drawbacks, but I'm sure you were aware of the less than ideal setup for the mains before even adding the CC to the mix. I'd be more worried about how the room's corner loads low frequencies with the close proximity of the speakers to the wall, rather than the speakers canceling.

Most people don't have huge rooms to accommodate large setups, so there certainly needs to be some compromises when considering space constraints such as yours. Some might argue that you don't even need a center channel with mains that close together, but others would strongly disagree. My thought is you should listen to the CC first, and then make your own observations, and go from there. You have a very nice set of speakers and you should be proud of them.

Regards,

Jed

Comment

• bbcmp1979
                      • Dec 2009

I loaned out all my blu-ray movies to a buddy already and didn't get to watch movies with them. But i have about 10hrs listening to the music on the radio. I originally thought that the HDS tweeters was too laid back compared to the rs28a. However, I took the tweeter out to add more polyfill and found that the connector to the tweeter was quite loose. After I reconnected the wire, the tweeter came alive. It is not as airy as the rs28a but much smoother. The mids were great and I absolutely love them. Very clear midrange and vocal compare to the Natalies' P. I listened to both the Natalie P and the 2cc and could almost not tell them apart. The 2cc matches very well to the Natalie P from 1ft away. I can only tell that the the rs28a was a tad more airy if i place my ear to within inches from the rs28a. The crossover came from JED was a monsterrrr. It is very well constructed and the beefiest xover i've seen. Overall, the 2cc is very detail. Vocal was clear and midranges were great. The bass was deep and low, however, I wished I had built the enclosure with both ports in the front instead of the rear. I was in the back of it while cleaning up some wiring and the bass was amazing.

All in all, i completely happy that the Natalie Ps and the 2cc MK2 play well together.

In hindsight, my next build will be front ported.

Thanks JED for a great design.

Comment

• Jed
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Apr 2005

:T Glad things worked out and you are enjoying them!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"