X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supermoore1025
    • Feb 2010

Is there a center that goes with the ZA-SR71 kit from Madisound

I was wondering is there a possible center that goes with this kit and I would also like to know how does this kit sound.
  • HareBrained
    • Jul 2008

No, and just to be complete, the SR71 is not designed to be placed near anything else.

That said, the SR71 is a TM, and there would be nothing wrong with using another SR71 as the center. I would suggest you try one of your current ones in that location before buying the parts. A center channel is typically very close to large objects that effectively extend the baffle, greatly decreasing the baffle step. A speaker that's designed with full baffle step compensation, like the SR71, will have a very pronounced midbass and lower midrange (below ~850Hz) making them difficult to listen to.
    John

Comment

• robfive
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by supermoore1025
      I was wondering is there a possible center that goes with this kit and I would also like to know how does this kit sound.
      The SR71s sound great. I've been listening to a pair for awhile. I built a third to use as a center channel but haven't assembled the crossover yet. I plan to use the reduced baffle step option Zaph describes on his webpage for the center.

Comment

• bvk_houtx
        • Apr 2005

Robfive, please update this post with your thoughts and experiences regarding the SR-71 as a center. I've been looking at this but have not pulled the trigger on this.

Comment

• tarksw
          • Mar 2010

I use a SR71 for the center channel. It is under the display. About 12 inches from the rear wall. I put a piece of 2'x4'x2" mineral wool on the wall behind the SR71. It sounds great used this way.

Comment

• robfive
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bvk_houtx
            Robfive, please update this post with your thoughts and experiences regarding the SR-71 as a center. I've been looking at this but have not pulled the trigger on this.
            I finally sat down and finished assembling the center SR71 last night. It was too late for any critical listening or measurements but it sounded good so far. I'll have more time for proper evaluation during the week.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"