X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • froste
    • Oct 2008

New Web Site

I'm looking for freeback on my Web site I'm currently building.
    Please check out my site (link at bottom of this post) and let me know what you think, should I add/change/delete anything, Am I heading in the right direction or should I find something else to spend my time on?

Thanks (All input good or bad is appreciated).

Last edited by froste; 16 February 2010, 13:22 Tuesday.
    Ed

• Not2Evil
    • Dec 2008

You built all of those in two years? You've been a busy boy/put me to shame.

Your page looks great except for the bright RED and BLUE text. Might just be my old eyes, but it's really hard for me to read.

PLEASE NOTE THIS SITE IS UNDER

CONSTRUCTION,

not all pages or information are complete.

Current Build(s)

I bookmarked the page so I can check out your builds.

Have Fun

Comment

• numberoneoppa
      • Sep 2009

Never ever put blue text on red or vice versa. It's one of those general rules of design. Also, that bright blue text needs to just go. In any case, I think the layout could be better.
      • Put the hit-counter somewhere less obvious or get rid of it - nobody wants to see it except for you.
      • Bring things closer together, either give the page a fixed width or make it fluid but still structured, it looks like everything is just floating around right now.
      • Try to work that family crest into some sort of logo if you want to keep it on the page, the entire crest looks incredibly out of place.
      • Completely get rid of the top frame and place search under the navigation or make the search page seperate.
      • Feature updates and news on the front page, not your entire arsenal of speakers.
      • Try to have some uniformity in the style of picture of the speakers on the products section (page).
      • Move the copyright stuff to the bottom, center it.
      • Consider a san-serif font such as arial, verdana, or tahoma.
      • Don't indent text.
      • Organize your files page (low priority).
      • If some text is hard for you to read, it's probably hard for everybody else.

Errr... sorry, I used to design websites.
      -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

Ok. So, understand that I do this for a living.

That said. It's pretty bad on a lot of levels. It's like late 90's "ooh cool I can make a website". Tables for layout, color contrast very difficult on the eyes, information flow isn't clean... heh.

Clean up the color issues and the rest will be forgiveable for someone using a bad templating system (not your fault).
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• numberoneoppa
          • Sep 2009

Notice how this site is easier on the eyes? It also has its content more structured (what little there is). This was just an example I did for a friend to help him w/ some html and css a while back. Not sure what happened to the banner, but yeah...
          -Josh

Comment

• kareface
            • Aug 2009

Great site, you really have built a ton of speakers. How do you do the artwork on the speakers? Do you have a detailed process? I was considering doing something alone those lines with my subs but I haven't seen a proper guide to get an idea of where to start. I have some ideas, but I'd love to hear how you accomplish it.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Comment

• froste
              • Oct 2008

Many Thanks

Many thanks for all the information, I have made some changes and am working on more. '90 Web design is correct its been over 10 years that I designed and built Web sites. Plus Goole's editor is very limited, and my HTML skill is very rusty.

Again thanks for the comments, I will work on making it better.

ps: I did not do the finish work on the "Storms" or "Flames", A "Pro" James Brown did the work, from what I understand he does them just like a Car finish job.
              Ed

Comment

• kareface
                • Aug 2009

If you have any questions about the site I do back end design for a living, I'd be willing to help you out if you need.

Comment

• numberoneoppa
                  • Sep 2009

Hah, and I do front end.
                  -Josh

Comment

• kareface
                    • Aug 2009

By our powers combined, I am...

Comment

• numberoneoppa
                      • Sep 2009

Enjoy responsibly.

edit: Ed, would you mind if I threw up some concepts for a front page design?

-Josh
                      Last edited by numberoneoppa; 18 February 2010, 01:08 Thursday.
                      -Josh

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"