X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evilskillit
    • Oct 2008

Questions about Zaph Waveguide Fitment

Ok, I'm probably worrying about nothing but I wanted to ask about this before I just moved along and hoped it was completely right. Hopefully Zaph is lurking and can answer this one himself.

I milled the waveguies to an opening of exactly 1.5 as per the instructions (sorry about the blurry pic, forgot to set macro mode on.)

However the slightly flared opening on the tweeter measures closer to 1.6 inches, which means that the waveguide will be overhanging the opening by 0.05 all the way around.

I wasn't sure if that was a problem and would cause any diffraction or not. I sort of assumed from reading and looking at pictures the waveguide would meet perfectly smoothly with the curve of the baffle.

Here is a very close up picture. Not taken from directly overhead but at a slight angle so it looks a bit crooked, but it wasn't, I don't think.

Here is a crude MS Paint drawing that basically gets my point across. I thought the waveguide should mate up to the tweeter more like #1, but milled to 1.5 inches it looks a bit more like #2.

• jkrutke
    • Dec 2005

Indeed, the edge overlaps a little bit when cut to 1.5". That is expected, and reflected in my measurements. To really make it fit tight would have required a difficult milled round-under on the waveguide, to hard to do.
    Zaph|Audio

Comment

• evilskillit
      • Oct 2008

Awesome. That answers my question, and thank you for taking time out to do so.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"