X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Griffster
    • May 2007

Audax HT needs replaced

I built the Audax HT speaker set a while back. Time has taken it's toll. I went to order new drivers, and they're not available anymore. I have spent a better part of the day looking for plans to build a replacement set of speakers. Maybe it's my lack of search skills, but the pickings look kind of slim.

I have a dedicated 17'X26' room with 8.5' ceiling. I am running a projector with a 8'X4.5' screen, fixed. I have the center mounted above the screen. I was thinking of building 5 of the Audax centers to use all around, but that's no longer an option...

Are there any good pages with links to some HT speaker plans? Does anyone on here have some plans? I am an above average woodworker with a decent equipped shop, so that's not a problem. The sky is NOT the limit on budget, but I would be willing to spend more than the Audax cost me.

I have been a member here a long time, but haven't been on in a long time. I'm sure the DIY has changed a lot sice I've been gone!!

Thanx!!!

Griffster
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

Did you read this thread?

None of those work for you?
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Undefinition
      • Dec 2006

What did the Audax cost?

This is a HT I'm working on for a friend. The mains and sub are designed, and a few people are building them already. The surrounds and center are just piles of wood right now (in my freezing garage).

Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?
      Paul Carmody's DIY Speaker Site

Comment

• Griffster
        • May 2007

--k--,

I have read that thread!! Amazing! Of course I posted before I saw it....

The Modula's look intriguing, but I'm unsure about the center. I prefer a Wt/mW for a center, but I haven't seen any negative comments about the center for this. The search continues....

Comment

• Griffster
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Undefinition
          What did the Audax cost?

This is a HT I'm working on for a friend. The mains and sub are designed, and a few people are building them already. The surrounds and center are just piles of wood right now (in my freezing garage).

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=33961

Undefinition,

What are your plans for the center? Or did I miss it in your post??

hmmmmmm.....

Griff

Comment

• Undefinition
            • Dec 2006

They're all sketched up and ready to build, if the weather will give a slight break and warm up enough.

Both designs are sealed.
            The center channel uses the HiVi M6A + M5A + Dayton ND28f

The rear surrounds use the HiVi M5A + Dayton ND28f
            Attached Files
            Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?
            Paul Carmody's DIY Speaker Site

Comment

• ---k---
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Nov 2005

The Modula MT, NatP, and CJD RS150 MTM are always highly recommended for mains. The natural center channel for them would be the RS WTMM, Khancenter or CJD RS150 MTM.

Lots of designs are out there. Look at Zaph's website and Zaph's Madisound kits. Also look at Paul's site, PE Techtalk as a thread listing all the DIY designs and Clearwave kits.
              - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
              CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
              CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"