X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BretH
    • Feb 2006

Bash 300 sub amp - is it well sealed?

Planning a sealed RS-315HF with a Bash 300, and wondered if I should plan on enclosing the amp separately within the sub enclosure.

In other words, is the amp sealed well enough that I can do with just sealing it well in its cutout, or should it have a box of its own as sort of a double-back to the whole enclosure to prevent leakage?

I would of course prefer the former.
  • Bear
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BretH
    Planning a sealed RS-315HF with a Bash 300, and wondered if I should plan on enclosing the amp separately within the sub enclosure.

In other words, is the amp sealed well enough that I can do with just sealing it well in its cutout, or should it have a box of its own as sort of a double-back to the whole enclosure to prevent leakage?

I would of course prefer the former.
    I think many DIY designs do not use a separate enclosure for the amp. I think most commercial designs have at least an outer casing for the amp. In other words, in so long as the basic electronics are enclosed, you are probably fine (I don't know the BASH unit personally). Beyond that, some good gasket tape or modeling clay should be sufficient to give you an airtight seal around the unit itself.
    Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

Comment

• evilskillit
      • Oct 2008

The gasket around the edge is pretty decent but I'm not sure how well sealed the jacks and switches are. We built a ported sub for my friend and didn't worry about it. sealed might be another story tho, not sure.

Comment

• fjhuerta
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2006

I have a sealed 15" Titanic with the 300W BASH amp, and there are no leaks whatsoever I can detect.
        Javier Huerta

Comment

• Bent
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2003

I can't speak for the BASH amps, but I've heard of a few Dayton's whistling through the input terminals.

My old ADire ADA 1200 is sealed tight, rubber gasket around the plate and all outer perimeters of the PC boards (there are at least 3) are sealed with the same type. (I mounted it in an outboard enclosure none-the-less.

Comment

• chrismercurio
            • May 2007

I used it off and on for ~1 year with various woofers in different enclosures and never had a problem.

Comment

• BretH
              • Feb 2006

Thanks, all.

Comment

• bbcmp1979
                • Dec 2009

I don't have any problem yet, but only have it for more than a month.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"