X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LING GOWA
    • Dec 2007

Tony Gee's DD8 Mk-II

Has anyone built this design? If so.. impressions?
    The mid-woofer
    The Seas L18RNX/P (H1142/H1224)
    Isn't the H1224 different from the H1142?

Very high quality loudspeaker kits, components, upgrades, modifications and custom solutions. Humble Homemade Hifi - the one stop loudspeaker shop.
    Website
  • savage25xtreme
    • Dec 2008

that tweeter is one of my favorites! I love the way it sounds in my BAMTMs

H1212 for the win! :T
    Gavin

BAMTM Build

Comment

• LING GOWA
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by savage25xtreme
      that tweeter is one of my favorites! I love the way it sounds in my BAMTMs

H1212 for the win! :T

Nice job.
      Website

Comment

• Carrotman
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by LING GOWA
        Isn't the H1224 different from the H1142?
        Yes. If memory serves me, the 1224 has different cone profile and a much higher breakup node which means they're not really interchangeable. Probably not that much of an issue since I believe Seas stopped shipping the 1142 years ago.

/U.

Comment

• davey_m
          • Nov 2008

To me its seems like that design was done for the H1142 and not the H1224. The two are not interchangeable, although the web page may give that impression.

Zaph's has a design optimized for the H1224 and the same tweeter, and possibly a little more BSC.

Comment

• Juhazi
            • May 2008

make ER18DXT

Hi,
            I made Zaph's L18 in 2007 and a week ago I revised the components to MarkK's ER18DXT http://www.audioheuristics.org/proje...XT/ER18DXT.htm
            which I strongly recommend over DD8mk2 http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/DD8-MkII.html or even Zaph http://www.zaphaudio.com/audio-speaker17.html

DD8 has LR2 at 2kHz topology with metal drivers and is prone to harsh sound due to cone resonances and not-so-good power response. Zaph L18 is better (LR4) and ER again better than that, LR2 with paper cone (reed)

Juha (zi)
            My DIY speaker history: -74 Philips 3-way, -82 Hifi 85B, -07 Zaph L18, -08 Hifitalo AW-7, CSS125FR, -09 MarkK ER18DXT, -13 PPSL470Dayton, -13 AINOgradient, -18 Avalanche AS-1 dsp, -18 MR183w

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"