X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Txgrizzly
    • Jun 2009

Padding driver outputs.

Guys,
    i was given an old 1960's pair of pioneer speakers that i like the grills and woodwork on but the drivers and cross overs were rotted. i did not want to spend a lot of money and time on these so i bought some cross overs and drivers that meet my cross over requirements and size to fit in the holes of the cabinets. the problem is the mid driver is a little more efficient than the tweeter and woofer so i was wondering if i could just put a resistor in line of the positive side of the feed to the driver to drop the overall output of the driver. if i am right i know this will lower the entire freq range of the driver when its probably only a certain band that i am trying to reduce but i really don't want to get into building the perfect cross over for these...

I know, newbee questions but i still have a ton of learning to do... :T
  • Face
    • Mar 2007

Why don't you just rebuild the original crossovers?
    SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• Txgrizzly
      • Jun 2009

Face,
      i looked at them and they are so old none of the components had any info on them. i was also not able to find any direct replacements for the old drivers so i had to buy modern ones which makes the original cross overs pretty much useless. the woofer was a 16ohm Woofer and the Squawker was 8ohms so i didn't think the original design would work with modern drivers.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Use an L-pad instead of a resistor.

Scroll to bottom of page

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Txgrizzly
          • Jun 2009

Very cool link Thomas... thanks

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"