X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Txgrizzly
    • Jun 2009

Dayton 8 MTM

is there a discussion in here that has all the info about this build? i've seen a couple of off sites about this speaker but not one with impendence or response graphs. also has anyone built these and how do they sound?
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

It's an old design. I haven't seen anyone discuss it in any depth in the three years I've hung out here. My memory is bad. I'm guessing the search turned up nothing. Maybe Thomas has a better memory.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Google is your friend....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Txgrizzly
        • Jun 2009

THanks Thomas, your link shows a little different design but it gave me the answers i needed. i really dont think i will be stepping back to the Dayton classic designs and stick with the ones that are using the RS series drivers...

Comment

• blue934
          • Mar 2008

the D8 has been discussed a number of times on the PE Talk Forum and several there have built it but i don't recall ever seeing measurements. my memory could be failing me though.

david

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Dan B
              • Feb 2005

I built these years ago and was pleased with the project. They are not audiophile quality, but acceptable for the price at that time. They are pretty darn big and have a rough around the edges rock 'n roll cool factor goin on.... For my time, effort and money I'd choose a newer design.
              Dan B

My Projects

Comment

• howburger
                • Jul 2005

I built a pair back in '04 for a buddy. They lack a little in the mid-range, but they really put out the bass. Some have described the bass as a little wooly, I'd call them pretty good hard hitting rock 'n roll speakers. Here is a link to the the plans and tutorial that I used when I built them.

Good luck,

Harold
                Because I'm the man in black.........

Comment

• Txgrizzly
                  • Jun 2009

thanks guys...

Comment

• 1Michael
                    • Sep 2006

I posted a thread about the design you are looking for here...

Can I suggest adding this to the Mission Accomplished thread?
                    Michael
                    Chesapeake Va.

Comment

• ThomasW
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

When the following are available the project can be moved to the Missions Accomplished section

1) Dimensioned drawings for the cabinet (and a cut sheet if possible)
                      2) An description/explanation about the design with accompanying computer sims and measurements of the completed project
                      3) A resource person that can and will answer questions about the design (this is usually the designer)

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• mackintire
                        • Jan 2009

Sounds like it would be nice if we could get a optional X-over for this design that brings the midrange out and still deals with the 2.2K issue, possibly even if the entails using an alternate tweeter.

Comment

• Txgrizzly
                          • Jun 2009

i might actually still try to build a pair of these and look at getting someone locally to work on a newer cross over design for them...if i start on these i will post the results and all that...

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"