X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milll36
    • Jun 2009

help deciding speakers for my ht

Hi, i need help to choose my next build up. So far i have build the mini statements and the statements center( thanks curt and jim for such a good sounding speakers). So now i would like to continue with my build for the rear speakers and a subwoofer. My space right know(im remodeling my house) is 12´3" x 21´4", im trying to make it a little bigger to 16´5" x 21´4", so whatever i build should fit both spaces. I have a 106 " 16:9 screen with a 1080 p projector, currently have a yamaha 665 and emotiva upa-7. Jim told me that i should build the statements monitor as surrounds, but i dont like the idea of having my surrounds speaker 12 in from the wall, so i need another option that would fit good with my front and center speaker.

thanks
  • Txgrizzly
    • Jun 2009

i believe there was discussion about how to use the Statement monitors closer to the wall. i dont know if it included a cross over change or not...i am sure one of those guys will chime in with thier response though...

Comment

• Jed
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Apr 2005

How about the Lineup R44 or R4? It uses the same mids and tweeter.

Comment

• milll36
        • Jun 2009

can i hang that ones on the wall, or have to have a some separations?

Comment

• milll36
          • Jun 2009

can i use the r4 and r44 as surround backs and rear or i should use dipoles to?
          what about the subwoofer?

Comment

• Jed
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by milll36
            can i hang that ones on the wall, or have to have a some separations?

I'm pretty sure there is a crossover you can try for on wall operation. See the Mission Accomplished section for details. It should be in the Lineup thread sticky. If not let me know and I'll dig up my files.

Comment

• mikela
              • Mar 2008

This may be of interest: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ght=statements

Mike

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"