X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick Craig
    • Jul 2006

SB Monitor

I'm working on a 2-way with the SB Acoustics SB17 woofer and the SB29 tweeter. The cabinet I'm using is a Parts Express sealed box (.5 cubic ft. curved). F3 is 64hz and F10=40hz, perfect for integration with a subwoofer. The drivers make a good combination with some flexibility in the crossover points.

The SB17 (like its' smaller SB15 sibling) tends to favor a higher order crossover due to its' upper end breakup. The SB29 is performing well with a 2nd order crossover and remains clean even when pushed hard. The wide dome of the SB29 means that it rolls off quite a bit off-axis in the top octave. In a smaller room where the walls are close on the sides the power response of the tweeter may be favorable. You can also toe in the speaker as well or alter the voicing.
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Sounds like a nice kit. I had luck hitting LR2 with the 5" though. No such luck for the 6"-- too high a Q peak.

I'd also like to see how your design compares to DLR's that he put together.

Jed

Comment

• Rick Craig
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Jed
      Sounds like a nice kit. I had luck hitting LR2 with the 5" though. No such luck for the 6"-- too high a Q peak.

I'd also like to see how your design compares to DLR's that he put together.

Jed

I guess it depends on how much you want to reduce the breakup area for the 5". There seems to be quite a bit of debate on that and what levels are audible. One nice feature of LsPCad is that I can switch the lowpass filter on and off to see how much it's contributing to the response in the breakup region and then I adjust it as needed.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"