X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobhowell
    • Jul 2008

Any speaker designs like LS's Pluto w/o amp

I am intrigued with LS's Pluto, but not the idea of a built in amp. Anybody got plans for similar concept w/o amp?
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

I think Dennis Murphy made one as did Dan N-- both with passive crossovers.

Comment

• dlneubec
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Here is my project that is somewhat similar, though I wasn't even thinking of the Pluto when I did this design(s). Instead it was a single driver extension of my HOSS project, with the woofer tipped forward for a little more on axis sensitivity. FWIW, the Duo-T, (Tangband W5-704D 5-5-1/4” woofer, combined with the Dayton ND28F neo tweeter) for under $150 in drivers and crossover parts won its category Iowa and the Duo-S (Scan 15W/Vifa D26NC55, about $600 in drivers and crossover parts) won the midrange category at InDIYana in 2008. It is one set of ML-TQWT cabinets that can be converted from the Duo-T to the Duo-S by swapping out the crossover, the slot port extention and adding the new driver baffles. You can read more detail about it here:
      The Duo's

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0180-a-1.webp
Views:	38
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	943828

Name:	DSCF0181-a.webp
Views:	42
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	943829

Name:	DSCF0574-a.webp
Views:	41
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	943830
      Last edited by theSven; 03 July 2023, 21:45 Monday. Reason: Update image location
      Dan N.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"