X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuncHwagon
    • May 2009

got a couple cabinets...what to do?

I have a couple cabinets, these were an afterthought from another translam I am currently working on. These cabinets are about `14in tall, and `7in wide. They have an internal volume of .25 cuFT. They have a nice roundover on the sides, and with some sanding they are going to be very nice. Im planning on a dado to insert 1/2in mdf baffle into the front. Here are my options:

1. I have a recession buster kit that I can throw into these. (originally going that direction)
    2. someother design thats going to fit these well, and might be a big upgrade from a RB kit.
    3. sell/trade them and finish my other project.

Anyone with any thoughts?
    Attached Files
  • kirknelson
    • Sep 2006

I've been looking at the Peerless Nomax 5.25" woofer for a ported design in .25 cu.ft. enclosure. It's currently on sale over at madisound.

Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.

I've heard good things about the Nomax drivers but was especially interested because they are supposed to be fairly forgiving on x-over design. Since this would be my first design I thought that was a real plus. :W

I was thinking of mating them with the Seas 27TDFC.

Comment

• Undefinition
      • Dec 2006

8O Gosh those look nice!!

This should work great!
      Domain for Sale. LoneSaguaro.com. Request Price. What Are the Advantages of a Super Premium .Com Domain? Increased Traffic. Search Engine Ranking. Brand Recognition. Immediate Presence. Higher Profits. Great Investment. #1 in Premium Domains. 300,000 of the World's Best .Com Domains.
      Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?
      Paul Carmody's DIY Speaker Site

Comment

• Rolex
        • Mar 2005

Meniscus Audio has a design with the silver flute 5 1/2" driver and the Seas H1212 tweeter that sounds great. Those are about the right size for that design as well.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"