X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b_force
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Jed
    Passive radiators are similar in function as a port but without the noise, and it allows the driver to work in a smaller volume where a port would otherwise have to be too long. So dual L26ROYs in a sealed box would go to the same F3 as a single, given the box volume is exactly double. Therefore, the L26ROY with one passive will go lower in the same size box as a sealed sub and using two passive radiators will increase the excursion capabilities.
    I think port noise is a bit of a non-issue. In most cases you can use a port that is large enough to have no effects of port-noise.
    A better argument would be the port length, because in most case you need a (very) long tube.

You also can equalize closed boxes to have the same low -3dB as the PR.

The main disadvantage of a PR is really the xmax. I know a lot of PR systems that really are limited by the xmax of the PR.
    You can buy a second PR to compensate that, but I would prefer two closed boxes (and boost it with shelving or so). If you only look at the woofer that would be cheaper/as expensive than 1 woofer + 2 PR's. Two subwoofers would also be better for room acoustics and the impulse response is better ("faster")

The main benefit for the PR's would be amplifier power. For two closed boxes you will need more power. It totally depends on what amplifier you're looking for.

Comment

• johngalt47
      • Apr 2007

For those who have measured this driver themselves, I would appreciate it if you would post the average T/S parameters of the drivers you tested. TIA

Comment

• Rick Craig
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by johngalt47
        For those who have measured this driver themselves, I would appreciate it if you would post the average T/S parameters of the drivers you tested. TIA
        I have a nearfield curve with one in a 2 cubic foot Parts Express cabinet. Feel free to email me for it.

Comment

• David G
          • Jan 2005

I'm very pleased with mine - really transparent, solid and powerful. 10/10.

Comment

• johngalt47
            • Apr 2007

David, which amp do you use?

Are they ported or sealed?

What is the net volume of the enclosure?

Comment

• Face
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Rick Craig
              I have a nearfield curve with one in a 2 cubic foot Parts Express cabinet. Feel free to email me for it.
              Hi Rick, check your spam folder.
              SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• David G
                • Jan 2005

John, I'm using 40 litre sealed enclosures (recycled from an older project).
                The amplifier is currently a Rotel RB1072 (class D) which is doing an excellent job.

Comment

• Rick Craig
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Face
                  Hi Rick, check your spam folder.
                  Sorry - nothing ever came in.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"