X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soundemon
    • May 2009

fiberglass pink vs roxul safe 'n sound for room treatments

I'm thinking about some room treatments, and see alot of threads and instructional videos
    Learn to make your own SUPER EFFECTIVE bass traps and acoustic panels with materials from your local hardware store.

for DIY traps, but alot of them are made using pink fiberglass insulation. would it make more sense to use roxul soundproofing insulation in these traps instead of "thermal" fiberglass insulation?
    DIY - once you start down that (dark) path, forever will it dominate your destiny!
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Roxul is fine, here's a comparison chart.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Hank
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2002

Everyone: please open Thomas' link - I'd forgotten about it - there's a wealth of info on acoustic materials there. Scroll down to the bottom for LOTS more useful links.
      You ARE budgeting some of your HT/listening room money for room treatments, aren't you? Huh?

Comment

• Johnloudb
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2007

Already Bookmarked It! Lot's of interesting stuff on Bob Gold's site .... DIY room diffusors, room mode calculator, his dishwasher, etc. ... :T
        John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• Txgrizzly
          • Jun 2009

great stuff... now i can play with making new things... but this time instead of making sound they will kill sound...

Comment

• Dean100
            • Jan 2007

Great link Thomas. Everything there but the kitchen sink!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"