X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dozol
    • Jul 2009

Just registered and have a question.

Hello Everyone

I just registered and am the newest newbie that there can be. I hope this belongs to this section. I just received speaker cables, Audioquest type 6, nonterminated. I was not expecting 3 black, red, green and white wires inside. Can anyone please tell me how can I hook that up to my Kef's iq7's??? How do I make two out of six? Which ones do i need to twist???
    I just want red and black.

I know you might say that I am stupid but I am just starting and willing to learn.

So far I have a Rotel 1070 cd player, Arcam avr200 amp and mention already kefs iq7.

Please help

Thanks, Dominik
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Welcome to HTGuide! The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask right before s#it blew up. Until someone more knowledgeable chimes in , I would twist the black and green together , and the red and white. I only picked those color combinations because of a fondness for Honda wiring codes and motorcycle clubs. Seriously. You can pair them up , or just use the red and black wires.
    Or you can contact Doug (Lex) , the forum owner , for a pair of much easier to use cables.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• LuncHwagon
      • May 2009

I think the wire that has that color config has a 3 different pairs, each a different gauge. I would think you just want to grab one of each guage, and make a "red" out of three wires, and a "black" out of the other three. I'm guessing that they would want them to be equal on each side. you never know with snakeoil.

Comment

• dozol
        • Jul 2009

Thanks, it looks like this now.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

If both ends are unterminated then twist whatever sets of 3 you want just make sure its the same at the other end.

Comment

• TacoD
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2004

Maybe you can also check if individual pairs are twisted.

Comment

• Curt C
              • Feb 2005

Twist the 3 black together and the 3 colors together. Crimp or solder on your favorite terminations.

C
              Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"