X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lurkalot
    • Dec 2005

Subwoofer Choice for 2.1 System

I hope to build a small pair of quality 2 way speakers (one of Troels Graveson's designs) for use with a 2.1 system. I have looked at three subs so far-the Seas L26ROY, the Peerless 10" XLS/XXLS Series, and the Aurasound NS10-513-4A.

They are all available from Solen here in Canada, and the pricing is within the scope of reality. As this sub is strictly for music, not movies, sound quality is much more important than chest-pounding output. Any suggestions on what the best choice would be? The enclosure has to be reasonable in size (30-35 litres max)

Thanks!
  • HareBrained
    • Jul 2008

Check the subs from here: http://creativesound.ca/

The SDX10 would be very nice, reasonable cost, slightly larger cabinet (43L@24Hz but could be made small with higher tuning), plus they're close to home and designed in Canada. The Trio 8 / Quartet 8 would be nice too, if the room is smaller (or will be close to you as with computer speakers).
    John

Comment

• krips
      • Sep 2007

I'm not sure how they stack up for the ultimate sound quality, but www.mach5audio.com has drivers that are decently priced and it is a canadian site.
      Sharp LC-42D64U
      TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

Comment

• peter_m
        • Sep 2007

Have you considered the Dayton RS subs? The HO models use a smaller volume and you could choose from the 10" and the 12". Both are 4ohm and available at Solen.

Peter

Comment

• Jed
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Apr 2005

The Seas L26ROY is outstanding. I'm using it in a new speaker called the Aria 10S.

Comment

• Lurkalot
            • Dec 2005

L26roy

Methinks this will be the one... I do wish the cone wa black too...

Comment

• Rick Craig
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Lurkalot
              I hope to build a small pair of quality 2 way speakers (one of Troels Graveson's designs) for use with a 2.1 system. I have looked at three subs so far-the Seas L26ROY, the Peerless 10" XLS/XXLS Series, and the Aurasound NS10-513-4A.

They are all available from Solen here in Canada, and the pricing is within the scope of reality. As this sub is strictly for music, not movies, sound quality is much more important than chest-pounding output. Any suggestions on what the best choice would be? The enclosure has to be reasonable in size (30-35 litres max)

Thanks!
              Use the L26ROY and add some equalization for a great compact subwoofer.

Comment

• Amphiprion
                • Apr 2006

Peerless 10"XXLS + 2 passives here. It's good down to about 25Hz but not at high levels. I think my cabinet volume is a little larger than what you want. Just remember, with a small box volume you have to give up either extension or output.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"