X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Txgrizzly
    • Jun 2009

schematic on how to hook a Feed Back Destroyer up

All,
    i just recieved my feed back destroyer that i am going to be using to tame my SONOTUBE SUB i am building but the manual that came with it ofcourse doesnt cover its use in this enviroment. does someone have a one line drawing or schematic on how they hooked the FBD in line between their AVR and the AMP for the sub. i will be using the LFE output (RCA) of my AVR to the Line In (RCA) of my Plate Amp... also it looks like i will have to buy a mic so the FBD can sample the output of the sub to kill the feedback :roll: .

thanks
    Bill :T
  • Saurav
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

Might have to create an account / log in before you can see that.

I picked up some RCA to 1/4" (I think that's right) adapters from Radio Shack. RCA cable from receiver to BFD in, ditto from BFD out to sub. For setting the filters I use Room EQ Wizard (you can also get that at Home Theater Shack, the link above). I use it with my mic, but if you have an RS SPL meter, I think it has a built-in generic calibration for that. So you need a laptop/computer running REW, and an SPL meter connected to the soundcard input. It analyzes the bass response and suggests corrections, you can tweak those by hand if you like (and watch the effect of your changes on the screen), then it will tell you what numbers to enter into the BFD. I find it a lot easier to tweak filters visually using that software, than to try and translate what's in my head to the 3 or 4 numbers the BFD needs to set up each filter.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Here's a quick and easy BFD guide...
      Last edited by theSven; 20 November 2023, 17:08 Monday. Reason: Update URL

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Txgrizzly
        • Jun 2009

Thomas you are the man again... i am seriously going to have to buy you a few beers if we ever meet...

Comment

• Txgrizzly
          • Jun 2009

I installed my FBD in my office 2.1 system and did a little tweaking by ear and i can tell you it has made my boomy sounding Velodyne CT120 sound alot better. and it has also made me appreciate my RS150 MT's that i built alot more... they are very crisp and clear... now i can concentrate on my Sonosub build.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"