X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikey15
    • Jun 2008

First set of speakers help

Hi all I'm going to build my first set of speakers. They are going in our covered patio. First question what would be a better mounting solution for the mtm. In the ceiling or high in the corners. There is a 2' bump out for the kitchen in the middle of the wall. With a ceiling mount I can move them anywhere down the 16' span. 2nd question I need help modeling the box. I plan on a MTM design with 2 12's on their own amp. I'm thinking about RS 150's and the seas tweet. Will CJD's crossover get me close enough. This will be for party music outside. I have 2 set dimensions if in the ceiling 22" wide and 9.5" deep. Length is the variable. I'm doing these first for practice for my HT system. I figure if I'm not dead on the crossover it will be harder to hear(Is that true) since it is outside. Thanks for your help
    Mike
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You're talking a total of 2-12"s or 4-12"s?

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• ---k---
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2005

I'm not sure I understand his plan. I think he is talking about building a pair of CJD's RS150 MTMs and then adding a pair of subs. Not sure.
      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

My crossovers will get you close if you're using the exact drivers they were designed for. Otherwise, all bets are off.
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• mikey15
          • Jun 2008

2 12's one by each speaker. Yes I plan on building the CJD RS150 MTM

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"