• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kizm0
    • Jul 2009

In need of two .375 Cu Ft Cabinets.

I don't care how ugly they look.

Please just get these specs down right:

If you can give me (2) for $45 Shipped that would be awesome. I have no more money at all.

The parts list I found for these speakers cost exactly $61.42 shipped. If you have old parts that you can make these cabinets out of then use.

Let me know what materials you are planning to use before we make a deal. I expect some quality out of this since $62.42 shipped can make very good quality Cabs.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by kizm0
    If you can give me (2) for $45 Shipped that would be awesome.
    Unfortunately no one here is psychic, so it's a little difficult to provide price quotes to an unknown location.

A better option might be to have a local builder make them..

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Jed
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Apr 2005

Just shipping cabinets that size will run around $45 to most places in the US. More if going across the country.

Comment

• kizm0
        • Jul 2009

Good points..thanks a lot people.

I have pretty good carpentry skills, but I don't know the sizes of the front-cap, the corner things with the holes, what the corner braces are, what screws I need.

Is there anyone here that can help me out building this over the net?

Comment

• BobEllis
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

It's just a box, not a violin. No need to hire a consultant.

Cut the outer baffle (front cap?) a bit larger than the 8 x 14 that the drawing shows, trim with a flush trim bit and then a 3/4" roundover. The inner baffle piece can be sized to fit in a 3/8" dado as John pictures or skip the dado and make it 6.5 x 12.5".

The corner braces ARE the corner things with holes. A triangle 2-3" on a side will do - they are just a place capture a T nut. Screws appropriate to the T nut and long enough You don't even need the corner braces or screws if you don't plan to reuse the cabinet. They just make it easy to replace the baffle if you decide to reuse the cabinet. You can just as easily glue the baffle in place once you are sure of the wiring and crossover mounting.

Comment

• cjd
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Dec 2004

what do you need help with?
            diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Sefferdog
              • Apr 2006

where are you located. That may help also. If you are near central Florida let me know and I will help out.

Comment

• kizm0
                • Jul 2009

I live in Champaign, Illinois. Small city 2 hours from Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"