X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJINFLA
    • Mar 2005

Dayton DIY2009

One week from today (along with the PE tent sale). Anyone here planning to attend?

Cheers,

AJ

p.s. Happy 4th of July!!!!
    Manufacturer
  • Paul Ebert
    • May 2004

Well, I was planning to go until last Wednesday. I really enjoy these events, but being 500 miles away and given the expense, I'm probably not going to make it . I guess I'd rather put the money towards my HT project or another pair of speakers (even given the Tent Sale discounts). Maybe next year...

Comment

• 1Michael
      • Sep 2006

Move it on over here to Chesapeake Va and I will be there :T
      Michael
      Chesapeake Va.

Comment

• AJINFLA
        • Mar 2005

That might be slightly problematic.
        It's unfortunate that no one here could make it. (one of) Our sponsor puts on a great event. I'm really glad we have a company like PE supporting the DIY community. Jeff, Rich, Carl, etc. from PE are great guys.

Images not available

I did get to hear a Natalie P (and a ZRT) .

cheers,

AJ
        Last edited by theSven; 05 July 2023, 15:16 Wednesday. Reason: Remove broken image link
        Manufacturer

Comment

• PoorboyMike
          • Oct 2005

Thanks for the cool pics AJ.

So which speaker was your favorite? :W

Comment

• AJINFLA
            • Mar 2005

I liked them all.
            Thilo Stomper had some interesting drivers (including a mammoth hi excursion HE sub) there as well, which I completely forgot to photograph ops:
            Manufacturer

Comment

• Johnloudb
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2007

In you photo album I saw that photo of the speaker with the flaming paint job. From the side the paint looked different though. Could he have repainted it? Probably just looked different from that angle. But the rounded top gave it away. He started a thread here on the speaker, but I couldn't find it with the search. Don't know what to search for I guess, flames? Paint? Woofer? :scratchhead:

EDIT:
              Okay, I found the thread. The paint is definitely different, so not sure if it's the same speaker.

This is my 1st build post on this form so here goes: I thought I might post complete information on my FCT3.8 Speakers (Flames). They will be at DIY Dayton. For background on this build see: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?t=209534 and http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?t=208861 1st some

EDIT2:
              AJINFLA, I guess that's a different speaker upon further inspection. It's the tornado speaker photo 25 that I'm referring to. Thanks for sharing the pics. :T

Did you see the flame speaker there?
              Last edited by theSven; 05 July 2023, 15:14 Wednesday. Reason: Update htguide url
              John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• AJINFLA
                • Mar 2005

John,

The tornado aka "Storm" is a different and much larger speaker than the flame. Same designer, same artist/painter. The flame was not there.

cheers,

AJ
                Manufacturer

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Well the guy that made the Basslines is from these forums Wish I could of made it unfortunately I was stuck at home after a minor surgery.

Comment

• Paul Ebert
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Dougie085
                    Well the guy that made the Basslines is from these forums Wish I could of made it unfortunately I was stuck at home after a minor surgery.
                    And, fbov (another member here) brought his very nicely built Natalie Ps.

I sure wish I could have made it as well.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"