X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Txgrizzly
    • Jun 2009

Loading tweeter stats into WinISD

All,
    i just downloaded WinISD from the web and i was able to load my Dayton RS150S-8 perameters no problem but the program wont allow me to load the Dayton RS28A-4 1-1/8" Aluminum Dome Tweeter due to missing parameters like QTS, VAS, LE ETC... is there a place where i can get those #'s for a tweeter or is there a way to get the tweeter loaded into WinISD without them?
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Last time I checked WinISD like Unibox is only for designing boxes (midwoofers/woofer/subs) not speaker systems. So it doesn't know what to do with a tweeter

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Txgrizzly
      • Jun 2009

well D@#$ ok thanks Thomas, is there any shareware anywhere that can do it all or can you recomend a good program that i can buy from PE that will

1. help design cross over
      2. help design enclosure
      3. can show all the frequency responses for different drivers so i can see how the match up in a enclosure...

THanks
      Bill

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Txgrizzly
          • Jun 2009

thanks Thomas, now i get to read up on how to use all this stuff...

Comment

• 69Stingray
            • Feb 2007

I would be curious in a Unibox like program that would show cone/dome excursion for a tweeter. I think it would be helpful in modeling high-pass filters. Anything out there for this?

Comment

• mazurek
              • Mar 2006

I believe it would be more straightforward to use linkwitz's spl_max.xls spreadsheet which shows 2*pi max spl given surface area and stroke. If you are curious just to see a curve fit of an ideal transfer function relative to measured performance, ARTA will let you overlay some predefined functions, otherwise you could just graph a transfer function in excel using complex arithmetic.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"