X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xumbug
    • Dec 2008

Aurum cantus Aero striction tweeter

Hi,

Has any one have any experience with this tweeter, works on the same principle as the ESS. looks very interesting.can any one give their opiions.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• xumbug
      • Dec 2008

Ess Amt1

Hi Thomas,

Can you give me more detail of how the ESS AMT sounds to you, maybe compared to the Neo3 pdr. I would like to make a decision on these bassed on you views. I take it you do not like the Cantus!

Regards,

Stu

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I haven't pair much attention to these 'new' AMT designs other than the Beyma.....

And it maybe the scaling of the plots makes one look better than the other. Both seem to have a dip around 5kHz

Data on the Mundorf is in this pdf

I haven't seen any on the Eton. Perhaps others have and will post it.

Not sure I have anything to add regarding the ESS that hasn't already been said

The only extended listening I've done of a Neo3 was in Brandon's 3-way. There it sounded good enough for me to commit to buying several dozen for the line array project.

I don't think a comparision between the ESS and the Neo3 is realistic, since the Neo3 IMO is a super tweeter.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• xumbug
          • Dec 2008

Hi Thomas,

I would like to use the ESS AMT 1 in a hi end 2 way tower with the AE TD10x. Do you think they will go together well. I would like to X over +- 1800hz can you give any sugestions. where do you think the best x over point will be.

Regards,

Stu

TD10X- 8ohm
          Fs: 35.5 Hz
          Qms: 4.22
          Qes: 0.29
          Qts: 0.27
          Vas: 67.5 Liters
          Cms: 0.4 mm/N
          Mms: 50 grams
          Sd: 345 cm2
          Rms: 2.7 Kg/S
          Bl: 16.7 T/m
          Re: 7.2 ohms
          Z: 8 ohms
          Le: 0.3 mH
          Pe (max): 500 Watts
          Pe (transient): 1000 Watts
          1WSpl 92 dB
          Linear Xmax 14 mm (peak)
          Mech Xsus 18 mm (peak)

Acoustic Elegance/AE Speakers
          1825 Mills St
          Green Bay, WI 54302
          phone: (920) 469-9198stryke
          Site Admin

E-mailWebsiteICQYIM

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Are there polar and FR plots of the AE driver? It's dispersion and frequency response plots are going to dictate whether or not a system with a 1.8kHz XO point makes sense.

People need to understand any of these AMT planars have a very narrow vertical window. This means sit with your 'head-in-a-vice' to hear the all the tweeter can do...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• gbegland
              • Apr 2005

I will second Thomas warning about the verticle dispersion (or lack of). above about 5Khz, it becomes very narrow. If you are looking to reduce ceiling and floor bounce, great. If you are more of a mobile, wandering listener, you won't be pleased with the results.

For our project we were looking to minimize the "console bounce" and the engineer is always in the sweet spot, so limited verticle dispersion was a positive.

search on this forum for my project. we are using the Beyma TPL150 with a 1.8Khz crossover. we did not like the results any lower than that. never believe the manufactures recommendations for low crossover points. I generally try to stay and octave higher than manufacturers say.

Greg

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"