X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadams
    • Jun 2009

Tweeter for D'Apolito

Speaker builders,
    I have been out of speaker building for about 20 years, and getting back into the swing. I want to build some D'Apolito satellites for a surround system. I would like a low crossover point, maybe 1500 hz, which will require a good tweeter. I am looking for a fluid cooled dome with a small flange diameter that will fulfill my needs, and hope to pay $45 or less. Impedance is flexible. Suggestions? Thanks
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Seas 27TBFCG or Seas 27TDFC or Dayton RS28a.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Dayton RS28 isn't ferrofluid cooled. There was a big debate about this a few months ago. Turns out none were shipped with ferrofluid.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• NyxOne
        • Jan 2008

What about the new SB-Acoustics SB29RDC-C000-4 Ring Dome tweeter [50$] OR Seas 29TFFW [$43] (zaph seems to think it can do LR4 @ 1.5khz) OR the Peerless HDS [$78] ??

Ok the last one is a bit over the budget but it's low end is incredibly clean!

Personnaly I would go with the SB!

Chuck

Comment

• fjhuerta
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2006

I don't think it matters that the RS28 isn't ferro cooled... it can take a 1.5 KHz crossover.
          Javier Huerta

Comment

• HareBrained
            • Jul 2008

None of the suggestions have small flanges, but then at 1500Hz, it's not necessary to have the woofers closer together. You could overlap the woofers onto the tweeter flange if that 0.5" is important. Frankly, small flanges are typically found on tweeters that have highish Fs. This makes them more useful.

The SB29 ring-radiator isn't available yet, but Madisound did receive the SB12 & SB23, so hopefully, it will be soon.

Depending on your woofers, you could go as high as 1800Hz and still have the D'Apolito alignment.
            John

Comment

• tf1216
              • Apr 2006

I know the Hiquphon tweeters are 3/4" in diameter but I have heard crazy things about how low the OW1fs could go.

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

It's anyone's guess if it's any good

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• HareBrained
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by HareBrained
                  SB29 ring-radiator isn't available yet, but Madisound did receive the SB12 & SB23, so hopefully, it will be soon.
                  I have to take this back. Madisound does have the SB29 RR in stock!
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"