Need help choosing/designing speaker enclosure..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elves1111
    • Mar 2008

Need help choosing/designing speaker enclosure..

Have been searching online for a long time now, and can't find any solid info. I have a pair of Focal TC120tdx2 1" inverted dome tweeters and a pair of 8" Focal 8v413's(can't find the specs for anywhere!!, but i read that the 8v412's are close, but not sure). I also have two NHT 1259 12" subs that i would like to incorporate into the design, but can build into its own box later, to make this project simpler. I am after a design that can play aggressive acid jazz/techno sometimes heavier with plenty of distortion while being able to maintain sound quality and intricate detail while switching from that style to some smooth jazz or rhthym and blues. In a studio setting also. If anyone could direct me to where could start or any sort of info, please......... will be very greatful!!!!!!!!!!
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Read this for some ideas

This might help with some ideas. Same configuration, one version was done with the same tweeter, one with the same woofer.

M8 Reference paper

Right click and download the link- it's a 48MB PDF, your browser may barf trying to load it into Adobe reader internally- mine doesn't, but for many others on the forum, it's a problem.

the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"