X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operandi
    • May 2007

Operandi's TriTrix MT build

This is my first completed build; they have actually been at 90% complete since last summer until a couple of weeks ago when I put the last few coats of Tung oil on.

With Curt's permission I modified the design by widening the baffle 1" and moving the port to the front, the port dimensions were also modified. Cabinets are solid Cherry with 6 coats of Tung oil. I can't seem to find any pics but in the cabinets are lined with 1/2 Sonic Barrier and stuffed with Polyfil.

I really didn't have any expectations for the sound being a budget design but I'm pretty impressed. They seem a bit forward on some material but overall they have a great sound that’s easy to listen to yet fairly detailed. The bass given their size is also pretty impressive.

I'm rather happy with how they turned out.

• ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Nice job, looks very good... :T

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Curt C
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Operandi
      I really didn't have any expectations for the sound being a budget design but I'm pretty impressed. They seem a bit forward on some material but overall they have a great sound that’s easy to listen to yet fairly detailed. The bass given their size is also pretty impressive.
      Nicely done!

What frequencies do they sound forward? If its in the midrange, you might try bumping up the woofer inductor from 1.3 to 1.5 mH.

C
      Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"