X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crazyjpeters
    • Dec 2008

Tweed coverings, a la 50's Fender amp

I've been toying with the idea of doing a set of Nat-Ps or Statements (if budget allows) in a retro-tweed covering. It would really look interesting, I think; however, what problems am I bringing upon myself by having a slightly recessed baffle? To make it "look" correct, I would have to set the baffle back into the sides, and recess the front speaker-grillcloth in slightly. Is this going to result in horrible diffraction problems?

Also, do I need to account for any effect on the crossover by using a cloth covering versus hard/wood/paint?
    Attached Files
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The top edges of the grill frame need to be flush with the edge of the baffle.

The old school fabric isn't very transparent, plan on changing the l-pad values for the tweeter.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• crazyjpeters
      • Dec 2008

I suppose I could wrap the fabric around, and glue/mount down the baffle but design it to still end up flush on the front, and then make a cloth grill cover that sits in front, and remove it when I am in "serious" listening mode.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"