X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acacia987
    • Apr 2009

HT LCR (Khan-Netos or Zalph ZDT3.5)

I have been sifting though some of the designs out there and i think i have it down to these two. here is some background: 90% home theater use and no matter what i will always have them crossed with a sub. The listening position is about 10 feet from the speakers and the speakers will have about a foot of space between them and the back wall. The center channel will be sitting on top of a TV stand(plasma hung on the wall ). The basement is about 500 sq ft,shaped like an L.

1. Khan-Neatos(full BSC x over) with the Khancenter. the khanspires would probably not get by the wife due to there size, but i have not ruled out the possibility of building them as an upgrade and moving the neatos to surrounds at a later date.

2. Zaph ZDT3.5 with there matching center.

Thanks in advance,
    Andrew
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

No one has built the Out-Khan-Neato, so be different and build that!
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• acacia987
      • Apr 2009

you bring up a good point. My worry now is that i don't have the necessary equipment to do post build measurements for the "out-khan-netos". is that a legitimate worry?

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

They were designed using in-room response, not an extrapolation from the in-wall response - I don't think there is a worry.
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• acacia987
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by cjd
          They were designed using in-room response, not an extrapolation from the in-wall response - I don't think there is a worry.
          Well that is good to hear. Now i just need to figure out which ones to go with

Comment

• acacia987
            • Apr 2009

Would it be possible to use another center with the khan-netos? i know i should be shot for this , but the khan-center is just tooooo big. maybe a sealed CJD MTM RS150(RS28A-4)??

Comment

• PoorboyMike
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by acacia987
              Would it be possible to use another center with the khan-netos? i know i should be shot for this , but the khan-center is just tooooo big. maybe a sealed CJD MTM RS150(RS28A-4)??
              Bigger is always better!

If it's too big though I would think CJD's MTM would work just fine. Same drivers and same designer, so it should be a pretty seamless match.

Comment

• Jed
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Apr 2005

They are both great designs. I'd go with the one that works best for your room and gets spouse approval.

Comment

• ---k---
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by PoorboyMike
                  If it's too big though I would think CJD's MTM would work just fine. Same drivers and same designer, so it should be a pretty seamless match.
                  Agreed, as long as you don't have a bunch of seats way off axis. Crossing to a sub, so build it sealed.
                  - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                  CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                  CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"